Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed your reply.

It was about 4 years ago, so I was 38. A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed. That was a fairly painless operation and I only stayed at the hospital for a single night.

They did lots of tests on me during that time and an abdominal scan revealed something on my kidney.

They then did some tests and tried taking samples of it with some pretty big needles. But they couldn't find out if it was something malign or not. After following it for a year and a half, they decided they'd better open me up to see what it was. It wasen't growing fast and it seemed sort of contained, so I wasen't that worried.
During the operation they found out that it was slightly malign and that they'd better remove the kidney.

As far as I remember, I wasen't that scared when they did it. I was lucky to go to a good hospital and the staff was very professional and I felt like I was in good hands.

Getting diagnosed with cancer scared the [censored] out of me though and took a long time to get over. Tbh, I'm not back to normal, psychologically, yet. But I've also been pretty lucky that it attacked organs that I have a spare of. So it hasen't affected my daily life at all.

Sorry if some of the medical terms are wrong. English isn't my first language and medical terms in the US and here are very different. For instance what you call 'appendicitis' we call 'inflammation of the blind intestine'.

Again, good luck with your operation. And when it hurts, just remember that "pain is weakness leaving the body" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed your reply.

It was about 4 years ago, so I was 38. A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed. That was a fairly painless operation and I only stayed at the hospital for a single night.

They did lots of tests on me during that time and an abdominal scan revealed something on my kidney.

They then did some tests and tried taking samples of it with some pretty big needles. But they couldn't find out if it was something malign or not. After following it for a year and a half, they decided they'd better open me up to see what it was. It wasen't growing fast and it seemed sort of contained, so I wasen't that worried.
During the operation they found out that it was slightly malign and that they'd better remove the kidney.

As far as I remember, I wasen't that scared when they did it. I was lucky to go to a good hospital and the staff was very professional and I felt like I was in good hands.

Getting diagnosed with cancer scared the [censored] out of me though and took a long time to get over. Tbh, I'm not back to normal, psychologically, yet. But I've also been pretty lucky that it attacked organs that I have a spare of. So it hasen't affected my daily life at all.

Sorry if some of the medical terms are wrong. English isn't my first language and medical terms in the US and here are very different. For instance what you call 'appendicitis' we call 'inflammation of the blind intestine'.

Again, good luck with your operation. And when it hurts, just remember that "pain is weakness leaving the body" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a strong man. Very good English BTW. Thx for the kind words
Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 PM

had my wisdom teeth out and my chin needed stiches once, do i win?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM

neck surgery,

kidney stone surgery (two techniques for one stone, ended up in ICU after the first one),

knee surgery,

Ankle surgery,

surgery to repair a broken hand,

wisdom teeth.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM

you should get your Vagina tightened while your at it.Next time wear a belt when your deadlifting that 50LBS
Old 11-28-2007, 11:57 PM

[quote
A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks man.

Can I call you Johnny One-Ball?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 AM

What's the name of that new movie that's coming out where that kid goes under and wakes up and sees himself being operated on, and can feel the pain?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the name of that new movie that's coming out where that kid goes under and wakes up and sees himself being operated on, and can feel the pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored]'s called "Awake" and that [censored] is real. It's called anesthetic awareness. Definitely would suck and that movie couldn't have came out at the worst time.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 AM

Well this is it playboys. Feels crazy to know that in like 2 hours im gonna be unconscious and cut open with a knife. All i know is they better come through with some good meds. I hope all goes well, dont worry bout me too much fellas.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored]'s called "Awake" and that [censored] is real. It's called anesthetic awareness. Definitely would suck and that movie couldn't have came out at the worst time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, didn't mean to scare you bro.