Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Default endgame, simplified hh. nlsng

I have a quick HH here. This is the game that killed what little faith I had in SAGE. This game went on to the 100/200 level, and that is where I really used SAGE at it's most base. I don't have the entire HH because I ripped the power cord out of my computer when this game ended.

This debacle starts at 30/60

At 350:
ATo
QJo

At 305, playing rock tight, I tossed Q9o to a shove in the BB.

Shove

J6o at 365
8To at 275
tossied 69o at 18

hero (2,815)
villain (185)
hero posts the small blind of 30
villain posts the big blind of 60
[K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
hero raises to 2,815, and is all in
villain calls 125, and is all in

villain shows [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

villain ties for the pot (185) with Ace King high
hero ties for the pot (185) with Ace King high

hero (2,755)
villain (245)

[3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
hero raises to 2,755, and is all in
villain calls 185, and is all in
[5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Villain [Ts Kc] and won (490) with two pair, Queens and Tens

40/80a

Shove 9Ts @ 550

Tossed 68s to a shove @ 470

Shove 77 @ 670

Shove KQs @ 550

Toss 58o in BB @ 470

hero (2,450)
villain (550)
[3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
hero raises to 2,450, and is all in
villain calls 470, and is all in
hero shows [3d Kh]
villain shows [Kc Th]
]
[6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
villain showed [Kc Th] and won (1,100) with a pair of Kings

50/100

I shove AKo @1200

[J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
hero raises to 2,040, and is all in
villain calls 860, and is all in
hero shows [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
villain shows [8 8]
\[8h 4d Qd Ah] [6h]
villain showed [8s 8d] and won (1,920) with three of a kind, Eights

I shove with KK @ 1330

I shove AA @ 1430

60/120

I shove AQo @ 1310

hero (1,810)
villain (1,190)
[4c 4s]
villain raises to 240
hero raises to 1,810, and is all in
villain calls 950, and is all in
hero shows [4c 4s]
villain shows [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
[J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
villain wins the pot (2,380) with a pair of Queens

shove KQo @ 620

shove Q3s @ 620

shove ATs @ 740

I don't remember the last hand, but it was probably something like my T9 vs his A3 or something.

Looking over this just burns me. I KNOW I could do better than this. This is just rediculous. However, I would like to know if you guys agree with my errors, and I am open to suggestions, as long as they aren't "Stop being results oriented," or "You played it right by playing shove or fold."

Thank you.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: endgame, simplified hh. nlsng

Dude, stop being results oriented, you played it right. Really.
SAGE is optimal if your opponent plays optimal, too.
If he calls too tight, like most people do, shove a little wider (raise your power index by one or stuff). If he is very tight, you might be better off minraising in the 12-7BB area. If he calls very loose, shove a little tighter.
Almost all villains are shoving way too tight. This means you are doing much better by calling very tight. Personally, I'm calling significantly tigher than SAGE suggests as long as I'm not up against a very solid player, a total maniac or someone else who seems to shove a lot of hands. Either you saw him shoving crap, then you know for sure, or he shoved his last 6 buttons and you had to fold, then I start to assume he is doing it light.
But these push or fold situations are of course very luck dependant. Of course does it feel bad when you shove your A4 with 6BB's and get called by A8, but it still was the right play
Old 11-21-2007, 06:16 PM

I agree that the folds were correct. I am more concerned about the shoves. I present no less than 15 here. Sorry, I posted the results.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:31 PM

They're all fine. You just ran into better hands a few times and lost a few coinflips. You know the word variance, right? That's it!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM

Orly?

What about my shoves with AK, KK, AA, AQ?

A little deep for that, right?

And that is the problem, using crap like SAGE automatically puts you in a position of taking the worse of it. It is a self-weighting strategy.

I lost a few times? Before this, I had already lost 3 races. Then this guy comes back from 120 points to win?!!???

He was horrible. There is nothing he did correctly whole match but wait for a better than average hand.

I understand "luck," but a "few coin-flips" is how many? Ten, fifteen (about how many races this bastard won), twenty?

At what point do you stop blaming your sore luck and look at yourself?

I am not going to accept "don't be results oriented." I f*d this up, and I want to know exactly where.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:43 PM

Why did you shove AA and KK with 13+bb? You might have missed a shove with the 85o. You really need to stop being emotional about this stuff daveT its how HU SNGs work.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 PM

dave, I agree that you shouldn'd have shoved AA and KK, but this deep sage doesn't apply anyway. AQ an AK are standard shoves, you are only putting you in crappy spots postflop when you raise to 3BB or minraise.
However, shoving AA and KK is far away from "horrible" and you haven't "f'd up" anyting there.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:57 PM

The 85o was vs a shove.

I am sure tilt had something to do the KK, AA shoves. This was really starting to kill me.

Emotional? What the hell? Because I know for a fact that I play better than this. Being harsh on myself is, and always has been, my nature. Because my games dumps to complete s* after the 25/50 level, and then I try something different, and the results are actually worse. I am p*d because I should know better than try stupid systems when my intuition is better than this.

And it really irritates me that my wr only exists because I can play with 75 and 50BBs effectively and that is it. I want to be better at the later levels. What good am I if my leak is this huge? If I face competition that drops my edge at the higher ratio levels, what do I have left?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:11 PM

This is wholly unacceptable.

[image][/image]

Why would this bother me?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 PM

By pushing those AA and KK you threw away a lot more EV than 'running bad' at shoves, you really only have yourself to blame like you said, HU SNGs do not dump to complete [censored] theres plenty of exploitation available you are just missing the spots where its possible for example.

Q3s OTB with short stack easy push, your not exploiting villain much here.
AA 13bb deep theres tons of exploitation available to you here depending on how you know your villain.

I guarantee if you keep your emotions tied up in this game you will NOT win as much as you should if at all. Furthermore you will probably either go insane, burnout or quit. Im really trying to help you because from the tenor of your posts the last few days you are pretty emotional at least IMO.