Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Rivered K Hi Flush 5/10 No Limit -- What do you do?

i call i do not think you are getting called by a hand you beat
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I def don't see a nut flush draw betting the flop every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Most of his NFD range is a combo draw here. I think he bets it almost every time if he's at all aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is the villain is a total unknown and some of the time he'll probably check a NFD on the flop. At least if its Ax where x is some raggy heart that doesnt connect to the board really. I'm sure someone can figure out the numbers, but I doubt just calling is ever a significant mistake here vs. all but the worst players. Even if you are ahead of his range it's a)unlikely you crush it and b)calling provides valuable info (namely his holecards) that shoving won't. At least that way you can get something to base a read off of.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:09 AM

I should have said that I don't shove here, but I thought that was because I'm a pussy.

Of course he could have checked the NFD, but that doesn't mean it makes up a massive part of his range. I think we're ahead the majority or the time on the river, even after he raises, agreed? So the only question left is what does he call off the rest of his stack with that we beat. Lower flushes obviously, but my earlier logic would have them betting the flop too. So much easier with 100BB. I guess it's thin unless he feels like we're beating up on him.

I've seen a lot of (seemingly) successful players pretty much ignore the last question, always raising the river if they think they're ahead.