Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: TT - rivers top set on 3 to flush board against 16/9/oo

He has an infinite aggression factor. Why has no one mentioned checking to him so he can bluff his missed flush draw? With these stats I have a feeling he is raising some time earlier with a flush or a set. If he had a draw he will fold to almost any bet. He is sickeningly aggressive too. I would check let him bluff and if he happens to have the flush he gets paid off, good for him.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has an infinite aggression factor. Why has no one mentioned checking to him so he can bluff his missed flush draw? With these stats I have a feeling he is raising some time earlier with a flush or a set. If he had a draw he will fold to almost any bet. He is sickeningly aggressive too. I would check let him bluff and if he happens to have the flush he gets paid off, good for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
true, true, there's a chance then that he will fire and you'll be able to get more value out of it. if he has a flush, it's a cooler. but checking to him seems to be better indeed.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
true, true, there's a chance then that he will fire and you'll be able to get more value out of it. if he has a flush, it's a cooler. but checking to him seems to be better indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it looks pretty obvious if we bet two streets then check on a blank river. Almost like we want him to bluff....I think betting this river to get JJ+ to call is much better.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:40 PM

What about weak-leading (~$11) with intentions of calling any shove? We still get value from his AA type hands as well as giving him a chance to hang himself on this river. Only problem I see with it is that he'll be hard pressed to bluff you leaving you with such huge odds to call.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The villain has an aggression factor of infinite and has called big bets on the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have all that many hands on him if it's "infinite". I wouldn't put too much stock in that at all. I think of the infinite as just kind of a placeholder until the aggregate is actually computable.

If it's backed up by observation, that's a bit different of course.

I'd push river.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The villain has an aggression factor of infinite and has called big bets on the flop and turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have all that many hands on him if it's "infinite". I wouldn't put too much stock in that at all. I think of the infinite as just kind of a placeholder until the aggregate is actually computable.

If it's backed up by observation, that's a bit different of course.

I'd push river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a guy at 10NL that I have 450 hands on and still has an infinite aggression factor. I dont think this guy has a call button on his computer though.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM

With such a high AF, is it possible that he also bets any overpair? I dont have the time to work out the math right now, but my gut feeling is that he would have to bet the river a large % of the time to outway the risk of having him check behind. Unless he's been bluffing a lot lately, im still leaning towards betting the river.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM

I don't like pushing here because I feel like most of his range can't call. Your line screams of a hand much better than the one you had, and of approximately equal strength to the one you now have.

Honestly, a decent player CANT call with an overpair here. Therefore, I would weak lead this in the range of 10-15$ and hope he can make a crying call. IMO, if you push and get called, you are toast.