Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 06-30-2007, 08:10 AM

Default 50NL.....Three of a kind on flop(K kicker)...fold to river bet?

Someone please let me know if my play was alright on this hand. If it wasn't please let me know what to do to.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1221056

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: 50NL.....Three of a kind on flop(K kicker)...fold to river bet?

Puke and fold the river. the range of hands that beat you is quite wide. Any str8 and flush will beat u. let alone JT, J9. Of course its hard to believe he has a J because you have the other one...other than the river call, it seems fine to me
Old 06-30-2007, 08:19 AM

Yeah, you need to use the hide results feature on poker hand, but I pretty much figured he had the hand that he showed.

On the flop he smooth called a bet then went on to smooth call a raise - this looks to me like he is massivley strong. A good player with like AJ would be raising at this point cos trips cant give aby free cards on this board... unless he is a donk the only hands good enough to do this with are JT/ TT for the flopped fh. He is smooth calling because he hopes someone will make their straight / flush and he doesn't want to knock them out of the pot, because if they do he will stack them with his fh.

On the other hand he could be a donk calling with a draw, but pretty much all draws come in by the river, so a donk also beats you.

The river shove looks like a full house thinking you must have a strong hand and so will call a shove. On the river we're only beating air so I fold.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:26 AM

I'm sorry, but what does "hide results" on poker hand do robinmbuk. Also, what is the purpose of doing that?

About the hand....I kind of ruled out a made flush for him on the turn becuase I was holding a club (his flush draw card). Botton line, I put him on a flush or Jack with bad kicker when he bet on the river. I called becuase I thought he didnt have flush since I was holding one of the flush card (Kc). Is it ok to rule out a flush for someone else based on you holding one of the flush card, or is it a stupid thing to do?

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:39 AM

1. raise prf
2. fold river, you beat nothing