Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Internet Dating

As some of you have read my other post about my divorce, I can't help but to ask about internet dating. I'm 37 and have not dated in 15 yrs since meeting my wife, so I have no clue. I looked on Lavalife just to see what it's all about and seems like every girl in my age range wants to find their "soul mate" and wants to have kids. So my question to those who internet date regualarly......actually I have 2 questions:

1) Do the chicks normally look a lot uglier in person? I assume they post their best pics
2) How do you reject them nicely? If I go out on a date, chances are I won't be interested. How do you reject them nicely? If they ask, can I call you or can I email you, how can you say no?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Internet Dating

and please tell me anything else that I might want to know about internet dating. Remember, I am interested in women between 28-35.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:12 PM

Most pictures on the internet are photoshoped. They always say if you don't see a full body picture assume they are fat. Reject them nicely by having a good time on the first date and never mention about calling them or doing anything with them again after the date.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you reject them nicely? If I go out on a date, chances are I won't be interested. How do you reject them nicely? If they ask, can I call you or can I email you, how can you say no?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Make sure your first date is just meeting for drinks, coffee, or whatever. Don't plan a full-blown dinner -- movie -- drinks type date. Meet at the location, don't pick her up.
2. Have your cell-phone and let your date know you are expecting a call, and not to be offended if you have to answer it.
3. Have a friend call 30-45 minutes into the date. You then have the option of telling your date you have to leave right away if you aren't interested.

Oldest trick in the book, but it's absolutely essential to have an exit strategy ready if you're stuck with a real loser.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Do the chicks normally look a lot uglier in person? I assume they post their best pics

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were selling your car on eBay motors, would you put up the pictures of the car in its normal state (dirty and non-shiny) or would you clean it up and then put the best pictures up? Same goes for internet dating. You'll find some don't match their pictures at all (beware of the high-contrast, high-angle shot of the face only) but you'll find that others do match almost to a T.

[ QUOTE ]

2) How do you reject them nicely? If I go out on a date, chances are I won't be interested. How do you reject them nicely? If they ask, can I call you or can I email you, how can you say no?

[/ QUOTE ]

You reject them honestly but be considerate to their feelings. You're in your 30s, there's no reason to give any other reasons besides, "I just don't feel the chemistry" or some other honest excuse.

And please, don't do the "have a friend call you in the middle of a date" thing. Even if you say it's planned it's still a really old, cliche, and obvious move and only paints you as more of a dick for using it.

I've been the rejector and the rejectee on a handful of internet dates and can honestly say that I'm still friends with most that gave me the courtesy of being honest with me and telling me I wasn't what they're looking for.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM

I think the best advice for dates (internet or not) was hit on the head by RoundGuy:

[ QUOTE ]

1. Make sure your first date is just meeting for drinks, coffee, or whatever. Don't plan a full-blown dinner -- movie -- drinks type date. Meet at the location, don't pick her up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dating seems to be a numbers game, and you really won't know what someone is like until you actually meet them in person. Quick short dates can weed out the bad candidates quickly.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:37 PM

If you are into fatties, you'll be in heaven on the internet.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Oh yeah, try to move from email/phone convos to seeing each other in person ASAP (as long as both parties are comfortable with it). There's nothing worse than talking to someone for a month and building her up as a demi-goddess and then seeing that she's busto when you finally meet her.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are into fatties, you'll be in heaven on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if I was into fat chicks, I'd be banging a different one every night due to dating sites.

It takes some trial and error, but you start to learn which pics are good representations of the real girl. The biggest problem is when the chicks have old pics from when they were skinny and decent looking. As long as the pictures are fairly recent, weeding out the fatties isn't too hard after awhile.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 PM

match.com

its like uber easy to get laid if u have any game what so ever

and u may actually meet someone u like.