Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM

Default 100 NL get 3-bet, flop a combo draw, what\'s my line?

This is my first hand on the table and I generally like to raise my posted BB with any remotely playable hand. Thus, Hero has $100. Button has a little less, I think ~90ish.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($13.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (<font color="blue">2 players</font>)

Question #1: Do I lead this flop for ~$10 with the intention of 3-betting ai any raise or do I just try to c/r? Worrisome if c/r fails.

Hero checks, BTN checks. (damn!)

Turn: ($13.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (<font color="blue">2 players</font>)

Question #2: Do I bet this turn then and probably fold to a raise and hope he has a weak holding?

<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, BTN calls.

River: ($33.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (<font color="blue">2 players</font>)

Question #3: Do I fire here?

Hero checks, BTN checks.

Hero loses with T high, obv, doesn't matter what BTN had.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: 100 NL get 3-bet, flop a combo draw, what\'s my line?

[ QUOTE ]
my posted BB

[/ QUOTE ]
barf
[ QUOTE ]
Question #1: Do I lead this flop for ~$10 with the intention of 3-betting

[/ QUOTE ]
I do... his little dinky min-raise PF could mean anything. You are ahead of his monsters, and if he was playing with air, just take it down.
[ QUOTE ]
Question #3: Do I fire here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Min-raise PF, call on the turn... my guess is he calls you really light here. Don't bother bluffing a caller.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Q1. Monster flop, lead out for sure.
Q2. At this point, you're no longer looking for a big pot, you might as well check. You're line looks very weak, he'll call very light and if you don't catch riv you're done. C/c turn, if you hit the rive bet big it will look VERY bluffy and he will call light.
Q3. Give up.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 PM

I like a flop lead only when he is capable of bluffrasing you.

Keitan, hero's line doesnt look weak at all. Hero can easily have something like QQ here on the turn, or AA/KK/99/77.

Turn is fine and I fire river too. I can't think of a hand that checks flop IP, just calls the turn bet and then calls a river bet on a blank like that easy.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:46 PM

With such a big draw, I'd go for b3b. You could take the pot down without a fight or could get some raise money in there before your all in. Or he just calls and you still control the hand and have a better idea what he has since he just called. If he had called the flop, then you fire again decent size on the turn.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a flop lead only when he is capable of bluffrasing you.

Keitan, hero's line doesnt look weak at all. Hero can easily have something like QQ here on the turn, or AA/KK/99/77.

Turn is fine and I fire river too. I can't think of a hand that checks flop IP, just calls the turn bet and then calls a river bet on a blank like that easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

We really know nothing about villain's hand imo, he could be slowplaying, or could just be playing his position planning to steal. After the flop checks the pot is not much to go after. The pot is small, too many unkowns, so try to keep it small, no point in the risk for so little reward.