Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Semi-OT: The Black List

REINY_II in the 6.50s
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM

This is the ONLY thing that really annoys me when I am playing. I lose KKvK2 and im like 'meh', but if someone is berating a fish / putting up sharkscope stats it makes me want to puke. I'll keep my eye out, usually these players are mediocre at best since they fail to understand basic logical concepts.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM

sometimes its natural to have an outburst when your running a little bad for the set and like the call is really bad , but some people do it non stop....enough id say to make the wee fishys think man i really do suck i need help and they get better>less monies>ben crys himself to sleep in his dumpster :'( with wireless broadband obv :P
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since they fail to understand basic logical concepts.

[/ QUOTE ]

O'Reilly?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the ONLY thing that really annoys me when I am playing. I lose KKvK2 and im like 'meh', but if someone is berating a fish / putting up sharkscope stats it makes me want to puke. I'll keep my eye out, usually these players are mediocre at best since they fail to understand basic logical concepts.

[/ QUOTE ]
They usually have an ego problem too - fairly easy character trait to exploit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dave1mo berates 2p2ers as well. likely due to them being superior to him at no limit texas hold them

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just turn your chat off if you can't control it.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hating people who berate the fish is cynical and disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joke post? Do you like burning money?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the worst that can happen? You stop stealing money from retards?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes....some people enjoy making money from playing poker; others, such as myself, rely on it. Did we do something to inhibit your ability to do the same? Because the people that do this certainly inhibit our ability to continue to do so.

edit: berating fish is not the issue; its educating them through berating on resources such as sharkscope and 2+2 that actually hurts profitability. I dont give two [censored] if someone sucks out on you and you call them a [censored] moron, but people need to learn to limit it at berating and not cross the line of educating.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 PM

also,

the dog cooks sulfer, and trees are contagious.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the dog cooks sulfer, and trees are contagious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find your belief structure fascinating.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 PM

Berating them actually DOES hurt just as much as education, because people are not going to go "hey I think I'll have some fun and play a SNG tonight" if someone told them to die in a fire or whatever the previous night. PLUS it's just a prick thing to do, I mean, some people are bad at poker, oh well, if you can't deal with it, you CAN'T PLAY POKER. It is 100% part and parcel of the game.

I know when I started playing I did this also, but you just have to reach a point where if you think you are a serious player, you cannot berate people, and you have to channel the anger and frustration before it ruins your games in other ways. Anyway, everyone knows this stuff, no clue why I'm typing it, I just had a brutal downswing yesterday and was thinking about it, cause like 1% of me at one point wanted to chat to a regular grinder who made a ludicrous call on me, and I just bit my virtual lip. OMG I just realized, I am 99% sure that grinder was you Kevin haha!!

Oh haha, this also reminds me, since you are listing people, I was in a game yesterday with this guy BillMueller and I looked at my notes on him and they just said "SS+6. Prick." haha. I remember I made the note a month or two ago when he was in a bunch of games with me and berating EVERYONE just super angrily and crazily. Felt so good to crush him on like 3 tables. He is the worst I have run into.
Closed Thread