Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who has the long term edge? Ivey v. aba (NLHU)
Ivey 34 30.09%
aba 42 37.17%
BBV 37 32.74%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Poker Mods Table Chips Avatars Etc.

The cards are still the same size, the same total pixel size. I made the Font of each character bigger (the A, K,... takes up more of each card face. I also removed the characters in the upper left corners.

I have not tried to make an over-sized deck. Bar Nuthin made one, but I didnt try using it. The card size doesn't bother me, as long as I can see that it is an A instead of a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

<font color="red">
You need to use the option in the Full Tilt client: Options-&gt;Full Card - it makes you see the entire face of your hole cards. </font>

Your cards will then look like this:

These are my suit markers i found searching the web - if anyone has any other hi-res images of some, I would appreciate them.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:42 PM

Ron - Here is a different look:

I scaled all 4 of my suit marks, in the original file: so that when I placed the club on the card face it would be almost as wide as the card face. I did NOT scale/stretch them at all.

I then placed the other suit marks accordingly. Once again: I did NOT scale or stretch any of the suit marks. They are all in the same aspect ratio with each other, as they are in the original image i got them from (see the post right above this).

How does this look?
The size of the marks?
The placement?
Should I use a darker shade of gray/black for the spades?

Old 05-06-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does this look?
The size of the marks?
The placement?
Should I use a darker shade of gray/black for the spades?

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO, the marks are too hard to see now. I don't know if you should make them bigger or move them. I like the shade of the grey (I use a dark grey background). I would have to test it with the darker grey to be sure which I preferred (hard to guess).
Old 05-06-2007, 07:14 PM

IS this any better -- same size marks as my last screen grab - i just moved them up higher, so they are more visible at the top side of the characters.

Here is a JPEG of the new placement:
<font color="red"> This is NOT a .PNG [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]</font>

Old 05-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Yes, definitely better now that you moved them up. I think I like them a bit better than the old big ones, too.

EDIT: I'd be interested to see if everyone thinks it's an improvement moving them up though. Part of me likes the marks more in the middle than they are now. But I think they certainly are easier to see up higher.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Personally I dont think we need to see the suits all that much, however it makes the cards look pretty nice.
I think you could try one of two things, Bring the letter/# up higher, and bring the suit down.
Maybe I am retarted but the suit somewhat interferes with how easy it is for me to quickly realise what I see.

Or if you wanted to see if anyone likes it, you could just complete remove the suits or have a small indicator at the bottom.
Having a big #/Letter towards the top of the card, then at the bottom having a small club/heart/diamond/spade.

I think the whole double # stuff in the non-holdem versions confused the [censored] out of me too, it didnt make me error or anything but I just couldnt decide which to look at, I usually ended up just looking at the small pip anyways so the big #s did nothing hahaha.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, definitely better now that you moved them up. I think I like them a bit better than the old big ones, too.

EDIT: I'd be interested to see if everyone thinks it's an improvement moving them up though. Part of me likes the marks more in the middle than they are now. But I think they certainly are easier to see up higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

u do realize that it doesnt matter if u can see the suit marker, right? just as long as the colors are different on all the cards
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM

Of course we do. I personally preferred having no suit marker, until I saw Bar Nuthin's Mods. I like changing my cards every now and again.

Here is another screen grab,with a few variations:
- Spade - Same as previous JPEG screen grab
- Heart - Moved the characters up, and moved the suit mark down
- Diamond - Left the suit mark in the same position as the spades, but moved the character up
- Clubs - removed the suit mark entirely. edit: just realized if/when i make this with no suit marks, the characters should be moved up higher like I did here with the diamond and heart marks.

- I think I like the look of the diamonds row (character moved up, and mark left in same position). I also like the look of no suit marks on the clubs (if the character was moved up too), with these hold em cards.

Give me some suggestions. I have no problem makin a few varieties, to suit peoples needs. It isn't real time consuming, as I have kept all of my different PSD files with layers. I can mod an existing PSD to create a new set of PNG's in under an hour, in most cases. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2007, 08:37 PM

If you only care about how easy they are to look at, I suppose the best cards would have no marks. I think that the ideal cards in my mind would still have marks, just ones that don't interfere with the important information (the card and color). I think that's what fozzy71 has created/started to create. I like the idea, and think it looks nice with the mark. Maybe consider what ronitonline said about the small indicator at the bottom? That would seem to stay completely out of everyone's way. I think a lot of people would certainly appreciate it if you offered cards without suit marks as well. So far, the top spade row is the best IMO. (A small indicator option could potentially be even better. Or it might not work at all...)
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

These are my suit markers i found searching the web - if anyone has any other hi-res images of some, I would appreciate them.

[/ QUOTE ]