Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX W/SOCKS ON????
YES 148 61.92%
NO 91 38.08%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers: Special Fraud Edition

Thanks Mike.

Although it's nice that they abided by the '3rd party evaluation' request I don't understand why Doug himself couldn't have said a lot of this stuff (while still sending you the details also).

At the very least, they (Doug or FTP-fraud) could have said it to Eric a looooong time ago.

While it indeed appears that Eric is as guilty as most of us assumed he probably was I do want to mention the thing about '2 of the accounts coming from the same computer'.

I was once not allowed to sign-up at a small site because supposedly SEVERAL accounts had already signed-up from my computer or IP address or something.
The glitch didn't bother me too much because I probably wasn't going to play there very much anyway.

I have no idea why they accused me of having SEVERAL accounts there already.

Because of stuff like that, it seems prudent to at least explain this stuff to people like Eric on the off-chance that a mistake has been made and they want to defend themselves.

I know that Doug has already addressed some of this stuff from his OP about their staff-meeting.

But EVEN NOW, they could have contacted Eric regarding these additional details that he has been asking for all along.

Also - if they believe that some of these accounts were set up on his computer then I fail to see why they can't tell him the names of the accounts he was supposed to have been colluding with.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:17 PM

I knew you deserved the benefit of the doubt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Regarding the modifications to the security investigations, they look excellent.

I do have one question though.

A lot of people have been getting into trouble on multiple sites, including FTP, where they make a money transfer to a player, and their account is closed.

In many cases the investigation found it was pretty far removed from them and their account was turned back on, but do you have any comments regarding this issue other than never make a transfer to another player?

Which isn't really practical for a lot of high stakes players.

I know you can't comment on other sites, I am looking more for your opinion regarding FT and this type of sit.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:24 PM

Honestly I think with this kind of response FTP can begin to get the kind of reputation a site like Stars has built up over the last few years.

Kudos to Doug and the FTP team.

p.s. Electronics in store please
Old 12-06-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And finally getting someone from the fraud department to sign up here and address concerns....excellent work guys!!!

Well Done!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize that he's been signed up here and addressing concerns for months now and it wasn't as a result of your/eric's thread right? God you're such a tool.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:28 PM

Ummm, FTPDoug is not in the fraud dept.

Doug mentioned that they now specifically have someone from the fraud-dept here to address the concerns.

Did you read the original post?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:31 PM

Please read the original post.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And finally getting someone from the fraud department to sign up here and address concerns....excellent work guys!!!

Well Done!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize that he's been signed up here and addressing concerns for months now and it wasn't as a result of your/eric's thread right? God you're such a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but doug is not in the fraud department and I never said it was because of just me or eric, it was obviously the concern of many posters on here......why do you have to get so personal?? is it because I challenged your views?? I never made it personal, its just a point of view at the end of the day so grow up man. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 07:34 PM

Thanks guys for pointing that out to him.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I confirm that FTPDoug has sent me comprehensive details about all of the games played by the first account that ericjones had. Six of the players from whom he won substantial sums, in different sessions over a period of five days, have later had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

I was told that the same computer was used by ericjones' second account, as well as two other players who have both since had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

His second account was involved in play with one player, over three sessions, who has since had his account locked for credit card fraud.

Assuming all the information is true, (and I have been given times, names, numbers of hands, and amounts involved; not hand numbers nor histories), in my opinion, it is absolutely obvious that anyone seeing this information would agree that ericjones was the intended recipient of funds obtained by credit card fraud, and it was only after having received a very considerable sum that he played legitimate games, presumably as "cover play" before attempting to withdraw the money.

FTPDoug has stated that he has given me the details in strictest confidence and he has asked that I do not reveal specific information. Obviously, I will honour his request, and I am therefore unable to add anything further.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not here to say eric is innocent ... but unless FTP provides you with the actual hand histories, we are still at square 1. This information is not any different than what FTPDoug said the first time around ... except now they gave you some numbers that support their claims. but where did these numbers come from? are they accurate? do we honestly think FTP would (at this point) tell us if they made an error?

The only piece of real "damning" evidence that has been provided is that 2 other accounts (which were later flagged for CC fraud) were played from the same computer as eric ... but heres the question, were these 2 computers responsible for "chip dumping" eric? if so, how is that possible?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I confirm that FTPDoug has sent me comprehensive details about all of the games played by the first account that ericjones had. Six of the players from whom he won substantial sums, in different sessions over a period of five days, have later had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

I was told that the same computer was used by ericjones' second account, as well as two other players who have both since had their accounts locked for credit card fraud.

His second account was involved in play with one player, over three sessions, who has since had his account locked for credit card fraud.

Assuming all the information is true, (and I have been given times, names, numbers of hands, and amounts involved; not hand numbers nor histories), in my opinion, it is absolutely obvious that anyone seeing this information would agree that ericjones was the intended recipient of funds obtained by credit card fraud, and it was only after having received a very considerable sum that he played legitimate games, presumably as "cover play" before attempting to withdraw the money.

FTPDoug has stated that he has given me the details in strictest confidence and he has asked that I do not reveal specific information. Obviously, I will honour his request, and I am therefore unable to add anything further.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not here to say eric is innocent ... but unless FTP provides you with the actual hand histories, we are still at square 1. This information is not any different than what FTPDoug said the first time around ... except now they gave you some numbers that support their claims. but where did these numbers come from? are they accurate? do we honestly think FTP would (at this point) tell us if they made an error?

The only piece of real "damning" evidence that has been provided is that 2 other accounts (which were later flagged for CC fraud) were played from the same computer as eric ... but heres the question, were these 2 computers responsible for "chip dumping" eric? if so, how is that possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually DX, I believe the fact that they were willing to pass this information onto a completely independant and un-involved third party speaks volumes. The initial problem was that it was an FTP employee who originally posted the accusations, which made them extremely unreliable. If mike sasys the information all points to fraudulent activity then I believe him because what reason does he have to lie to the 2+2'ers? Also the fact that BOTH those accounts that were previoulsy shut down, were involved in fraudulent activity makes it pretty much certain that another account created from the same wource would also be the same.