Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: HU SnG\'s - Suggestion for PokerStars / FullTilt

What is wrong? LOL
Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 PM

I've gotten 12 people to already email pokerstars, I hope you guys can take a minute to do so aswell, and ask your friends to do so as well, even if they do not play HU sng's.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Great idea, i also sent out an email! Would be very nice to challange all the fish for another game!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 PM

Haha yeah, thanks a lot man. Lets hope to see it actually be put into works. A lot of the highstake HU players would love this as well.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM

I decided to explain why I don't like the "rematch" button idea. It has to do with what hra posted.

If you are able to trap a uber-fish into more games against you, the fish may not be satisfied with that service, and the fish may decide to discontinue playing HUSNGs. UB is notoriously harder, and I imagine the "rematch" button had something to do with this.

Even if a fish punched the button on me, i would not be pleased. I don't want to be forced to play an extra game when either I need a break, or I have to leave. These things both decrease my edge because I may be tired, really have to go take a dump, or I may not be able to play the next game, sacrificing my money. Fish probably have more of a life than what we have, and a valuable thing for a fish is to be able to play just one game of HUSNG if he so chooses, and then go on to play Razz. That is the life of a fish, and I would not want to upset that desire to play just one. If the "rematch" is instituted, then playing just one, or playing a different kind of opponent is denying the fish these options, increasing the chance of our games drying up.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 AM

Do you realize that BOTH players have to hit the rematch button for there to be a rematch?

It sounds like you think that one player's wish turns into an endless amount of husngs where you're trapped at a computer for 48 hours against the same limp/min bettor.

Doesn't actually sound that bad to me.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 AM

lol

Yes, that is what I thought. If it works like that, then I am all for it, and change my stance.

I would rather not face off with a min-better for 2 days, since those games take forever. I want to be stuck with the guys that just shove AI with every hand before the flop. Completely brainless, I might be able to last 2 non-stop hours with them.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:48 AM

Yeah I think you assume that if one of the opponents say "rematch" the game just begins. It doesnt work that way. Both of you must accept. I haven't played on UB so I wouldn't know how they go about it, but I am guessing if the winner clicks on "REMATCH" the loser will most likely be prompted a box to ask if they accept/decline.

I understand what your saying about the fish not being satisfied, but no offense, I have seen fish that play more games then I do with an ROI of about -30% just in HU games.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 AM

If you are emailing them about the rematch button you should mention the stupid 1 minute wait before a sng kicks off..... (assuming they still have it, i havent played on stars in ages)
Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are emailing them about the rematch button you should mention the stupid 1 minute wait before a sng kicks off..... (assuming they still have it, i havent played on stars in ages)

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMOGM, AS WELL!

true, doing that now.