Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Slowrolling vs Fake misclicks

A little while ago it was a thread up about Fake Misclicks here in HSNL and what I remember most of you thought it wasnt anything unethical with doing that, not even if the player writes "SIKE!" in the chat direct after the misclick raise.

Example: 10/20 NL, you have been raising a lot preflop recently, mostly to 70, you pick up AA and instead of raising to 70 you raise to 700 writing "SIKE!" in the chat hoping someone is sure its a misclick pushing with 99 or whatever.

Slowrolling on the other hand is something that almost every poker player think is a very bad/unethical thing to do. For example, you have the nut flush on the river, someone pushes and you let the timer go down to 1 sec and call. This is something that can make many players go on huge tilt.

What I thougt about was that if the misclick thing is ok why is not slowrolling ok, because both are ugly tricks very possible online but none of them is collusion?

Have you ever slowrolled to make someone go on tilt? I have never done it and think its a very unetichal/ugly "trick" but I have tilted after other players have done it on me. Maybe some of you do this on regular basis because you consider it a part of the arsenal?

Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Slowrolling vs Fake misclick

slowrolling isnt a move, its unecessary, you dont give your opponents an opportunity to make mistakes slowrolling because you close the action
Old 09-15-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
slowrolling isnt a move, its unecessary, you dont give your opponents an opportunity to make mistakes slowrolling because you close the action

[/ QUOTE ]
its unecessary for the hand in a vacuum of course, but if you can get someone on tilt it can influence your overall result. just like so many other things.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:41 PM

yves, your avatar sucks
Old 09-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Have you ever slowrolled to make someone go on tilt?

Yes. My name is slowroll.s
Old 09-15-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Slowrolling vs Fake misclicks

jesus.
betting 700 in that spot is a legal strategic move... slowrolling gains no strategic advantage (in theory).

using your retard logic i can argue it is reasonable for me to rape your gf and kill your pet dog w/ a chainsaw if we are bopth regs in the same game since i know this will prob affect the quality of your play...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:21 PM

flawless_v, My reasoning is not that it is the same thing, it was a thought of mine that some might think it is and maybe is using the slowrolling. I guess its not very likely someone is doing this on regular basis will admit it though. But obviously some players is doing this dirty thing, might be the same that think colluding is ok as well.

Regarding the fake misclicks so was my standpoint that its nothing wrong with it, but in combination with writing "SIKE!" in the chat its not a very nice thing to do and not very ethical.

Your parallel to raping gf's and killing pets are pretty absurd though.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yves, your avatar sucks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yves, your avatar sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu my new avatar is sweet as hell
Old 09-15-2006, 02:38 PM

This is very simple, bet size is a strategic part of poker, you can and should maniupulate it however you wish to benefit yourself. Intentionally misleading someone when their action is complete has no strategic purpose, and it's a classless thing to do.