Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone w/ a good understanding of the mathematics of the game tried out MDMA? I was about to rec him to a friend when I came across his reply in this thread. That's a pretty egregious error he and bld made on that very simple formula.

Brain fart, or indicative of fundamental misconceptions? Or is it perhaps part of the infamous HSNL disinformation campaign?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone moving up to NL100 should book now. the list is that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of quote the post that mentions YOU is that hard to understand? Who would want your coaching anyways after you publicly admitted that you have no interest in letting others gain insight into your true thought processes (even those who are paying for your cr vids)?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. im pretty sure its obvious that im referring to the number of people waiting for mdma coaching, cos its that good. im not gonna get into the other stuff, but most people are doing it.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM

i would kill kill my roomate to get some coaching from MDMA (350/hr) --- so there that is. I have no idea how he goes about his lessons though.

bobbofreetoes is a very good coach. he has his lessons pre-planned, which is nice and a welcome deviation from standard sweat sesssions. He charges 150/lesson, could be more now. i would recommend him to any ssnl player, looking to start thinking about the game a little more. He is very hard to nail down for lesson though ime.

I have received a lesson from Revils (350/hr) and thought he was a goot coach as well. we only did one lesson, so i cant comment that much on his abilities, but he is a very good hand reader and is able articulate his thoughts in a clear, succinct manner, which is important when there a new situations arriving every few moments.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 PM

This hating on tufat is dumb. He has taken time to discuss hands with me before in person and over AIM/MSN and he is very good at explaining concepts. Though I've never had an offical coaching session from him I'm sure he is an excellent coach and could benefit SSNLers and MSNLers games greatly.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Agreed jay. I've talked to tufat alot on AIM/skype and he's definitely good at explaining his thought process. It's also funny when he calls you dumb for autochecking in a donkament [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 05:57 PM

i probably called u retarded for that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 PM

i think that the convo went like

t-'wtf are you dumb'
t-'stupid rojtaj;iajra'
me- 'what? oh. lol.'
Old 10-10-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hating on tufat is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:34 PM

i was coached by stevo thru the 3bet.net site. i found the transition from limit to no limit rather difficult for some reason and couldnt get over the NL50 rut for the longest time (100k hands or something stupid)

he helped me with my game and gave me a different perspective from which to play the game postflop onwards. probably had a lesson or two a week for over 2 months, sometimes there would be set plans for the entire lesson, most of the time it was him sweating and commenting/guiding me through hands and his thought process. we would use skype to discuss action on my tables, and some HHs that i would send him between lessons.

one thing i didnt like was that he could never get partypoker to run properly. besides that, it was a good experience for me and i definitely credit him for a lot of my success in NL this year. he is definitely affordable for a uNL player who wants to move up in the stakes and learn the game. (i am not listing his rate cause i think you should go thru the website to get it)

i totally feel if i should hit another roadblock that i would easily seek coaching to try to plug my leaks. absolutely invaluable to have some one on one time with someone who has a lot of experience in the game.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 PM

I was coached by Chisness. His rate is 250/hr which is a little steep, but he is worth every penny. He honestly made me think about the game in a whole different light, and helped me understand. -Why/When/Who I should continuation bet flops. -Improving my cr bluff frequency. -HU game. -Table selecting. -Reducing tilt. I would mostly recommend him for any 100nl to 400nl player, that wants to understand game theory better. His lessons were structured perfectly, first he talks about common leaks, reviews stats and then gives option of watching him play or having him watch you play over a screen grabbing program. He just made me a much more aggressive dangerous player. Worth every penny, can’t say enough about him.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 PM

I'm currently getting coaching from billyjex who I found through 3-bet. I've had about half a dozen lessons or so since September and so far it's all good.

The lessons take the form of a sweating session over AIMpro and Skype. I basically play and then if something interesting comes up then billy says "I would do this..." and we play it through and talk about why. He's also been more than happy to talk through hands on AIM or email.

I would definitely recommend him to anyone out there looking for SSNL coaching for pretty much every reason. Good guy, knows the game, good rate, easy to deal with and takes a genuine interest.

The thing that I've found about coaching is that you need to know truthfully WHY you need it before you actually go looking for it. I wanted a long-term coach who could open up my 18/12 nitty game, show me a few new plays, improve my winrate and was personable. Billyjex is spot on for this.

So far as preferences for lesson structure, it has to depend entirely on where the student's game is at and how they learn. Some people need to learn the concepts before applying them and others need to be in the situation to learn the concept. I enjoy sweating because I like to learn by being actively involved - plus it's nice to have someone verify that you are running terribly. HH review or theory discussion generally goes in one ear and out the other, even though I nod and say 'uh-huh'...
Closed Thread