Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Live 5/10 deep -- call or shove

Live 5/10 at the Wynn, deep game.

Player #1 is a high stake regular making the switch to NL games from the big mixed games at the B. Mike for those that play in the game. Solid and tricky, plays somewhere between TAG and LAG, currently he is in a LAGy mode and seems a little frustrated. I have about 12 hours time with him, only significant hand with him was a horrible slow played AA by me taking down the pot with c/c OOP.

Player #2 is a regular in the 5/10 and 10/20 games. Is 100% LAG. I have the impression he is solid but trying to make an image. Has already got out of line twice in less than 3 orbits. Once raising blind out of his straddle and betting a flag on a A high flop blind versus ~$2K stack after being checked to.

The straddle is on nearly every hand. Effective stacks ~$5K.

Player #1 open from UTG+2 for $120, player #2 calls from MP folds to me on BTN with QJo and I call, blinds fold out.

Flop ($375): 9T3 rainbow, player #1 leads for $250, player#2 calls, I call.

Turn ($1125): 8 making a flush draw, player #1 tanks for a few seconds and checks, player #2 leads for $350...

At this point my read is player #1 likes his hand. Player #2 is making a non typical play here, he has been agro every hand I have seen him in, the weak lead smells really strong. My gut tells me we have the same hand.

So do I call the weak lead hopeful there is an overcall or raise from player #1 or just get it in now or make a raise?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Live 5/10 deep -- call or shove

Make it 1500.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:12 AM

1200-1500 IMO
Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM

I agree, bump it about $1000-1200 more. I might even suggest $1500 more since you have the LAG pushing the action with such small bets.

Either way, don't let another card peel off cheap, make them pay if they are looking for a flush or to fill up.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:09 PM

$1100. Not much reason in the above post to assume that Player 2 has the same hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8 making a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My gut tells me we have the same hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is one of your cards the flush suit? The last thing you want to do is give a guy with the "same hand" a free roll for your stack if he happens to have a straight AND a flush draw, especially with stacks this deep.

If no, then call and see how the action develops.

If yes, then make a big raise that looks a little like you don't want a call, like $2K to go. This works best if $2K is a single rack of chips or some other single "unit" bet that looks like you didn't take too much time to count it out. $2K is a bit of an overbet, but I think a lot of great (but worse hands) will push here over your raise rather than call. Basically, you make them decide now, "push or fold."