Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Limbaugh Smear Letter: Why Talk Radio is Needed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my bad too then...I thought you were intentionally being obtuse like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pvn: promoting reasonable discourse everywhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sauce for the goose. I let him cast the first stone, then it's go time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you 6 years old? "He started it" stops cutting it at some point.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Everyone screaming"? There is the golden projection, that all you libs use. ... You folks are everything that is cliche'...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like combating idiotic projections and generalizations with even more idiotic projections and generalizations. Well played.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People on both the "right" and "left" who use ridiculous analogies like this do nothing but further the horrible climate and stop legitimate discussion from taking place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. A great political thinker once said that people who make improper comparisons to Stalinist Russia "mak[e] themselves look like idiots when they make silly accusations like this."

Would that we were all as as understated with our rhetoric as he is.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Just answer one easy question. Is intimidation or government action to do so, as in 41 moronic Senators signing a bogus hit piece, to squelch speech, a stalinist tactic ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. This is what everyone is screaming at you. People on both the "right" and "left" who use ridiculous analogies like this do nothing but further the horrible climate and stop legitimate discussion from taking place.

To make it clear to you: a Stalinist tactic would be taking Rush Limbaugh out back and shooting him, and then doing the same with anyone who asks questions. That this is bad and overstepping the ideal bounds of government does not make calling it Stalinist reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christo, what an idiotic statement. "Everyone screaming"? There is the golden projection, that all you libs use. And to think, I didn't even start this. You folks are everything that is cliche'...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is idiotic in what I said? It's hard to tell because you adressed none of it besides my comment that people are screaming at you. You claim (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) that this is an example of "golden projection" which, apparently libs (classy) such as myself (as you seem to think) do frequently. I have no idea what projection has to do with this, unless you think that I am incorrectly projecting onto other members of this forum an angry dislike for the things you post (which seems more or less accurate to me, but I'll let them post). More importantly, there's an actual point to my post, which yours is conveniently missing.

Rather than yet another post with nothing but unfounded generalizations about "libs" and the "Left" and how bad academia and the "news" is, and rather than another post where you continue to argue a wrong and absurd point and defend yourself with "I didn't start this" you just go ahead and end it by explaining what the [censored] your point is.

So let's try again. What about my post is ridiculous? What is it that makes the tactics of people who did nothing but write to a CEO to administer a harmless slap on the wrist (which he has turned into more money and more popularity for a man with too much of both, IMO) "Stalinist"?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Everyone screaming"? There is the golden projection, that all you libs use. ... You folks are everything that is cliche'...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like combating idiotic projections and generalizations with even more idiotic projections and generalizations. Well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth hurts Milo. Obviously, you can't leave well enough alone.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my bad too then...I thought you were intentionally being obtuse like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pvn: promoting reasonable discourse everywhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sauce for the goose. I let him cast the first stone, then it's go time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you 6 years old? "He started it" stops cutting it at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yes. I am six years old. I should make a bigger deal out of this, because people would really get embarassed when they get pwnd by a kindergardener.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Just answer one easy question. Is intimidation or government action to do so, as in 41 moronic Senators signing a bogus hit piece, to squelch speech, a stalinist tactic ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. This is what everyone is screaming at you. People on both the "right" and "left" who use ridiculous analogies like this do nothing but further the horrible climate and stop legitimate discussion from taking place.

To make it clear to you: a Stalinist tactic would be taking Rush Limbaugh out back and shooting him, and then doing the same with anyone who asks questions. That this is bad and overstepping the ideal bounds of government does not make calling it Stalinist reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christo, what an idiotic statement. "Everyone screaming"? There is the golden projection, that all you libs use. And to think, I didn't even start this. You folks are everything that is cliche'...

[/ QUOTE ]

What is idiotic in what I said? It's hard to tell because you adressed none of it besides my comment that people are screaming at you. You claim (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) that this is an example of "golden projection" which, apparently libs (classy) such as myself (as you seem to think) do frequently. I have no idea what projection has to do with this, unless you think that I am incorrectly projecting onto other members of this forum an angry dislike for the things you post (which seems more or less accurate to me, but I'll let them post). More importantly, there's an actual point to my post, which yours is conveniently missing.

Rather than yet another post with nothing but unfounded generalizations about "libs" and the "Left" and how bad academia and the "news" is, and rather than another post where you continue to argue a wrong and absurd point and defend yourself with "I didn't start this" you just go ahead and end it by explaining what the [censored] your point is.

So let's try again. What about my post is ridiculous? What is it that makes the tactics of people who did nothing but write to a CEO to administer a harmless slap on the wrist (which he has turned into more money and more popularity for a man with too much of both, IMO) "Stalinist"?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so F'n hard for you to understand that 41 F'n U.S. Senators took the taxpayers time to sign a ludicrous letter, in an attempt to intimidate speech. IS IT THAT F'N HARD TO GET????????????????????? WOW! Read back over the F'n thread. It is not my job to spoon feed you. This is so retarded I can't even get my head around it anymore..
Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth hurts Milo. Obviously, you can't leave well enough alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have to wear this out on you. But oh well.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is so F'n hard for you to understand that 41 F'n U.S. Senators took the taxpayers time to sign a ludicrous letter, in an attempt to intimidate speech. IS IT THAT F'N HARD TO GET????????????????????? WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. Now that does sound like something that Stalin would do -- SIGN A LETTER!!!!!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is so F'n hard for you to understand that 41 F'n U.S. Senators took the taxpayers time to sign a ludicrous letter, in an attempt to intimidate speech. IS IT THAT F'N HARD TO GET????????????????????? WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. Now that does sound like something that Stalin would do -- SIGN A LETTER!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice quote. Oops. Nonquote. You guys are all the same and you prove it every minute. It is no use. I defer to your delusion.