Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Results Oriented: The Struggle

Cliff notes at bottom

Okay, so at the moment I'm on a 5 BI downswong (noes!) after being on a nice heater for a bit, and its like crushing my morale (or was).

I'm not sure why but I go on crazy tilt (not so much bad play as complete loss of confidence) and feel like Im no longer a winning player. Does anyone go through this during a medium-biggish downswong?

I got over it after talking to people on aim and realize.. relax its 5 BI, but I'm still beating myself up over it really bad, and it seems like a ridiculous waste, which leads me to the purpose of this post;

What can us [results orientated players] do to focus more on the way we play hands and making the best decisions at any given time, than the money won or loss?

The one "solution" I've come up with is focusing on something else; girls, school, buying cool [censored], video games, etc. Also part of this coping is discussing hands but more discussing your mental state with friends to get an unbiased external opinion from some player that either knows you or knows what its like to play say 400 NL and lose 2k and just wake up and know that tomorrow is a new day.

But this seems like a watered down solution, is there a better way to ween myself off of being results oriented? Its very frustrating to beat myself up over losing 5 BI and complaining to friends etc every time it happens. What do you guys do?

Cliff notes:
1. I'm results oriented
2. It pisses me off
3. What do you guys do to just shake your losses and and just deal with variance?