Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: What theory is this?

sure, ignore me ;\
Old 08-05-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but the third one, with the negative message, looked much different, much darker, much more distorted, much less symetrical....

[/ QUOTE ]

If somehow an experiment showed that this molecule wasn't the same, the repercussions would destroy what we know about chemistry and physics. How do you make this molecule "darker", "distorted", or less symmetrical? It is 1 O and 2 H, every time (or it isn't water). This experiment would certainly have some scientific data to support this absolutely ground-breaking discovery, no? So let's see it.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I forget what the name of it was, it was mentioned in here a few months back... It was the theory that you "I", were the only true existing person.... Everything and everyone was an illusion created by your mind.... I was just browsing wikipedia about simulated realities, and couldn't remember this theory.... I want to make a point though, that I do not believe in this theory in the slightest, but found the whole simulated reality a unique perspectective....

What about "What the %$^&$% do we know,"..... Anyone catch that movie.... It states that we really have a much more significant impact on our realities that we think....
They did a science experiment in the subway system of Japan, where there were three bottles of waters....

One bottle had the message "I love you, you are great" written on it, one blessed by a buddhist monk, the other "I hate you, you make me sick, I want to kill you". They left these bottles out open to the public for a day... The next day, they used a dark microsocope to view the molecules, and they were all different.... The one with that was blessed and the one with a positive message, had beautiful, symmetrical molecules, but the third one, with the negative message, looked much different, much darker, much more distorted, much less symetrical....

The underlying message to this was, "if our thoughts can do this to water, image what they can do to each other....."

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a partial list of people who do not believe this water story is true:

Pair The Board

Not Ready

BluffThis

The Pope
Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.lightparty.com/Health/Radionics.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar perspective. I've seen a practitioner evaluate the blood of a patient via his radionic instrument and prescribe appropriate remedies. At that time I gathered that there is a "pattern" displayed via the instrument and thgis pattern is compared to different remedies until the proper one is prescribed. Medical dowsing is similar in approach if not the same.

Don't remember the name of the process but I believe that it is likened to producing a audible tone oner a substance(powdered?) which will display the tonal pattern. Different musical tones will produce different patterns. I know there is a name for this but don't remember. Perhaps someone could help?

Another approach that I have come across is a Kolisko study in which different homeopathically potentized substances of the same mineral(example of mercury) were used as fertilizer for plants which displayed differences of growth over periods of time. this was also related to planetary movements but this can get complicated and in truth I don't remember the details.

One has to study to appreciate this-wouldn't expect the Pope to "believe" but 10 to 1 he would consider in private.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:48 PM

I guess this movie "What the #@#$@# do we know" is considered a bit of a hack, but who knows.... I even checked the IMBD database, and those on the message board talked about the movie, and most disagreed with almost everything presented in the movie.... What about the subatomic particles moving in and out of existence???
That was also presented in the movie.... How does everyone feel on that....

However, do some of thes sarcastic remarks presented in this fashion make the poster feel smart or clever in someway? Are they compensating for something..... If I disagreed with a post, I just wouldn't respond, or would be honest and say, hey that's a crock of @#$#@.....
Old 08-05-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I disagreed with a post, I just wouldn't respond, ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, you stumbled into the wrong forum. The 'share my feelings' group meeting is 3 doors down. The main point of posting on here is to have your notions challenged or bursts of brilliance popped.

luckyme
Old 08-05-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...attern2.htm#p1

[/ QUOTE ]

The patterns are called Chladni Patterns.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I disagreed with a post, I just wouldn't respond, ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, you stumbled into the wrong forum. The 'share my feelings' group meeting is 3 doors down. The main point of posting on here is to have your notions challenged or bursts of brilliance popped.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, another clever response... 3 doors down... lol..... How do you come up with such witty responses like that so quickly.....
Seriously though, I don't care about the sincerity of any of these posts, just the accuracy, relevancy, and if they are informative or not.... That's what I am after.... Thanks again....
Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 PM

I dont have the time or energy to investigate every such extraordinary claim. Personally, I discount stories like this, regardless of how scientific their studies look, as I have confidence in the scientific community. If there was anything to "mental powers" manipulating molecules of water it would be enormous news. It seems to me there are three likely explanations for why this hasnt made it into the mainstream scientific community:

1) The research is flawed in some way
2) There is a conspiracy to suppress information like this
3) Scientists are so ingrained in their biases that they will not dispationately examine results like this and it has been discounted for over ten years without ever being properly examined.

I think the first explanation is far more likely.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:28 PM

I think someone offered a $1 million prize to reproduce the experiment in a double-blind study under laboratory conditions... Forget where I read this though.