FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KK
fold 0 0%
call 23 100.00%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Party! You\'ve banned them all, stop using USA time

[ QUOTE ]
You don't post for 3 months and then you show up in a thread about time zones? Great job Mike!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wanted to get that last post in so that mike O sees it.

but in greater detail, it would be great if bonuses were cleared by earning a certain number of PP points, for example.

I play a large volume of SNG tourneys on your site (i think i've paid something like $3k in rake in the last 3 weeks) and it annoys me that I am not eligible for deposit bonuses.

This makes no sense to me - as far as I can think of, there's no logical reason from PP's view to not pay SNG players deposit bonuses the same bonuses they pay cash game players.

Once upon a time, I vaguely remember an email from PP saying that they were going to move towards clearing bonuses based upon PartyPoints, but it has never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem, expect to be able to clear bonuses by accumulating points in the very near future.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Mike - super - as soon as you allow this, i will deposit more on party.

it is that simple.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF is all that about? Stop making me add 5 hours to every tournament start time.

Already

[/ QUOTE ]

Mackem, Our largest market is still Canada, and South America is a strong emerging market. Both of them are on "USA time". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
We have talked about going to GMT, or something else, maybe we will down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, don't you still have work to do answering questions for the early 2005 upgrade?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't post for 3 months and then you show up in a thread about time zones? Great job Mike!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

It should be clear to every poster here, non-american and american alike, that party poker will only communicate with 2+2 posters on narrow issues of its choosing, and mostly relating to either fluff issues like this one, or in attempts to keep players from bailing their site immediately after a typical ill-thought out buggy software update.

You should give MikeO ZERO credibility, as he promised under a previous posting account to come back here and discuss software and other issues, but never did. He thus is a liar whose word can't be trusted in these forums. Whether that is due to limitations placed on him by his bosses or not, it doesn't matter, because he is their official rep here and has responded in this thread as same. Thus you can just as well substitute "PP" for his name in my comments here, and read their site/management as being liars with zero cred.

Now of course as an american who can no longer play there, this doesn't really concern me any longer specifically. But it does concern me as a 2+2 member who believes that all the sites should deal with us honestly and forthrightly, which includes discussing harder issues that they would like to ignore. If you don't agree, and are willing to let PP use these forums solely for their own ends and thus in a 1 way manner, that is your choice.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

It should be clear to every poster here, non-american and american alike, that party poker will only communicate with 2+2 posters on narrow issues of its choosing, and mostly relating to either fluff issues like this one, or in attempts to keep players from bailing their site immediately after a typical ill-thought out buggy software update.

You should give MikeO ZERO credibility, as he promised under a previous posting account to come back here and discuss software and other issues, but never did. He thus is a liar whose word can't be trusted in these forums. Whether that is due to limitations placed on him by his bosses or not, it doesn't matter, because he is their official rep here and has responded in this thread as same. Thus you can just as well substitute "PP" for his name in my comments here, and read their site/management as being liars with zero cred.

Now of course as an american who can no longer play there, this doesn't really concern me any longer specifically. But it does concern me as a 2+2 member who believes that all the sites should deal with us honestly and forthrightly, which includes discussing harder issues that they would like to ignore. If you don't agree, and are willing to let PP use these forums solely for their own ends and thus in a 1 way manner, that is your choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS! is actually being quite kind and gentle to MikeO the useless liar.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike - super - as soon as you allow this, I will deposit more on Party.

It is that simple.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear xxxxxx,

From TODAY, Wednesday the 31st of January 2007, ALL SCHEDULED TOURNAMENTS are listed in the software according to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) instead of EST (Eastern Standard Time).

GMT time is currently five hours ahead of EST Time. Please be aware of this when registering for, or starting, tournaments from today onwards.

WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO MISS ANY TOURNAMENTS!! Check in advance that you have the correct starting time!!

If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck and see you at the tables!

Beth Stevenson
VIP Club Manager
Titan Poker
"Become a Legend at Titan Poker"
http://www.titanpoker.com<br />
[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Server time is still EST since the servers are in Canada

[/ QUOTE ]

No way?!?

I was under the impression that they were in the Gibraltar.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

Useless replies like this make no sense to me. MikeO comes back after 3 months and he immediately gets abused. Is it any wonder he doesnt want to post here anymore.

Some of us would like the opportunity to have a direct input with our online poker room manager. I just ask other posters to consider other users on this forum.