Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 AM

Default From: degen

Thanks Matt.

If you could make a new thread and post it I would appreciate it.

On 4/24/07, msklansky@aol.com < msklansky@aol.com> wrote:
If you like, I will repost this email in the mod forum for opinions. That's all I'm willing to do. Let me know.

-----Original Message-----
To: mattysklansky@twoplustwo.com
Sent: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:16 PM
Subject: Degen Account

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure if enough time has passed for you not to cringe at the sound of the name 'Degen'. If it has not, please let me know, I'll wait some more.

I would really like to be a part of the 2+2 community. Yes my name had economic value for me and I've put myself in a good business position through the community...but my desire to come back has nothing to do with that and is for far more unselfish and community based reasons.

I've met some of my best real life friends through 2+2 and have been able to take part in something truly amazing. That community truly is the top 1% intelectually speaking, economically speaking and in terms of where everybody will be in 10 years. Outside of my business dealings, I was a part of that, an important part to many.

Many people visit Thailand now on a regular basis in part because of me. Many others read my blog and see me as an inspiration to do more with the life that they have been provided thanks to poker. I also learn a great deal through the community in this regard.

I give you my word that if I am to come back I will not involve myself in anything having to do with self promotion or making money. I will not promote any of my websites through the site nor recruit anybody for any rakeback or business related venture.

I would like to be able to take part in discussions about travel, life, culture etc. My contributions to these types of discussions on 2+2 has gotten no flack to my knowledge.

I realize I've pissed off some mod's and have become a very polarizing character. I also know that I can avoid that and in time show these same people that I will hold true to my word and be a productive member of the community again while not doing the same things that in the past have ruffled some feathers. Namely:

-Spamming
-Self promotion
-Attacking other affiliates

If you take a look at my blog http://grindblog.blogspot.com you'll see that lately I have really moved toward a semi-retirement and basically just travel. I keep up my current customers but have stopped advertising for rakeback nearly altogether and one of my sites (rakereport.net) that got so much bad publicity is no longer even mine.

I hope you are well and this message was received with an open mind.

Cheers from Hawaii,

Bill
Old 04-24-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: From: degen

His word means nothing, he has proven himself time and time again to be untrustworthy and only out for money or things that benefit himself. He is not a good person and after all the unethical stuff he has pulled on 2+2, I am firmly against letting him back.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 AM

Can someone give me like a 5 sentence (or less) summary of what went down with Degen? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me like a 5 sentence (or less) summary of what went down with Degen? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

He started a ton of [censored] in A/R with shady business dealings, spam, creating multiple accounts and threatening other affiliates. He then had it out with a mod but I don't recall the story, I'm sure someone else can fill you in on that.

As long as he stays out of A/R I don't really care. I have nothing against the guy really it's just that his presence there will just cause problems and it has been quiet lately.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His word means nothing, he has proven himself time and time again to be untrustworthy and only out for money or things that benefit himself. He is not a good person and after all the unethical stuff he has pulled on 2+2, I am firmly against letting him back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this will be the consensus. I am the one that banned him and I don't like the idea of bringing him back but I can stay out of it if needed but I doubt there will be much support for his return. As I said though either way I don't want him in A/R.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 AM

MAYBE if he had sent this a few months after being banned and sticking to the rules... but instead he went and created tons of other accounts and lied that they weren't him just to forward his own agenda.

Just because a guy can write one reasonable sounding email doesn't mean he's changed in the slightest. Why do we want this guy back?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:57 AM

omg no.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Just because a guy can write one reasonable sounding email doesn't mean he's changed in the slightest. Why do we want this guy back?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]