Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

Mason locked the thread because BBV is getting an insane amount of irregular traffic right now, random internet surfers coming here to check out the situation, and they've been referred here by sources who are representing the situation to be a serious one.

Seeing BBVers buying superuser tshirts cheapens the cause a tiny bit to the casual observer- most won't bother to read that the shirts are going to be worn at major events for the purpose of raising awareness. They're just going to assume we're being silly about the whole thing.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 AM

thayers at the 1k finaltable gl to him

sief here and purplepil who won it last week lolll.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 AM

can we at least get the t-shirt thread back up in MTTC or tournament circuit? these shirts need to be done before foxwoods
Old 10-18-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) the team at Absolute that created the hand-dealing algorithm would approve their software having this feature. I would hope no single person would be allowed to design such a critical part of the program without oversight from others and they would stop such an egregious programming flaw from being implemented. However, after reading these threads it seems all bets are off concerning rigorousness from AP. Maybe the person went in and modified the program later without anyone noticing, I guess you can't put anything past AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this part of the program was put in at the highest levels, it's certainly possible. Just a theory, mind you. If I was writing the software I wouldn't write anything to the database to have anything to query until the hand was complete, so the only thing that would know what the state of the current hand was would be the server application's current memory.

Another possibility combines the two ideas; an account that causes all hands to be sent instead of just the user's hand. Or maybe the code that sends all the cards requires the player to be an observer because that's done with a different part of the code? And is the location of the leak?

[ QUOTE ]

2) If this information was being sent out to all players I would think that somebody with much more computer savvy than me would have noticed that "extra" information was being sent from the Absolute servers and, even if they didn't know what is was or how to handle the encryption, they would have made it public before now. I suppose, though, that if someone did somehow crack the encryption he would probably keep it to himself and utilize it for profit. Maybe someone did that, told his buddies and now there is a legion of cheats out there, who knows?

Does this make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people do you honestly think analyze network data to look for holes like that? Absolute Poker has about 2400 cash players on it at most at any given time. Lets say that it has 20000 total cash players (probably a very high estimate I would guess). How many of those do you think are software savvy enough to either 1) hack the encryption (without knowing what algorithm it is), or 2) decompile the program and look through the assembly to figure out the packet format after it's stored? These, while not impossible, are not trivial programming tasks and things I would expect only from very experienced hackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it be that this feature was programmed in to observe cheating? (If this has been said ignore it, I can't keep up with all these huge threads).
Old 10-18-2007, 01:11 AM

can someone who's willing to organise the t-shirts please contact me, either by email or by pm? in accordance with mason's wishes, we'll do it off 2p2 since they are not affiliated/connected with 2p2.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another small point to make is even if these cheaters tried to delete the registered email accounts for each AP user account, whether it is hotmail,yahoo,gmail, or any other type of email service the logs can still be retrieved from the source server or host for their email account service....This info is much easier to get and if you talk to any webmaster/Admin or any Huge/Large/ or basic email service they will be happy to provide server ;log activitiy with ip's of registered email accounts if it is regaurding a criminal matter....Whoever used potriper or any of these accounts can be traced and found very easy if you can obtain the services of a Data /Network Administrator that works in the fielf of software and database development....Most of these people can access just about any network (ISP) database because they either have collegues or very good friends that work in this field of work in all areas of the globe.....Potripper is %100 detectable along with everyone else in that Excel if the file is given to the right people

[/ QUOTE ]
can somebody elaborate on this? I really don't know much about the subject at all, and my first impression was that it shouldn't be in this thread for various reasons, but it seems fascinating.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 AM

My favorite part about the FATRAISER hands is that you look at them and then you're like "Oh, that IS how POTRIPPER would play if he couldn't see other players' cards!"
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

KGC to investigate Absolute Poker

The Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) announced today an audit..... impropriety have been <font color="red"> bought </font> to the attention of the Kahnawáke Gaming Commission.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats an ironic typo.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 AM

What ever happened to Dan Druff's second phone call that he was supposed to have with AP at 3pm PST?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Incredible how one person's actions can collapse a whole company in no time at all.

Imagine what it's like to be the instigator behind all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the reason for the cheating was to knock out a competitor/ex-employer, then it's probably wonderful for the guilty parties, however good or bad it is for anyone else.
Closed Thread