Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Basic Sit \'n Go Questions Answered Here

TheNextLevel, glad you enjoyed the book. While it is unrealistic, unfortunately, to have a daily profit goal -- SNGs are a comparatively low-fluctuation form of poker. In an MTT for instance, 10-20% are paid on average, whereas in a 3-paid 9-man SNG, 1/3 are paid.

Acein8ter, you should steal-raise fairly often in high-blind short-handed play. The tighter the blinds are, and the better you are at post-flop play (so that you'll have a good strategy for when you do get called) -- the more likely you should be to steal. Resteal from the big blind when you have a premium hand, or you put your opponent on a steal and find it likely he'll fold immediately. Even then you want your hand to have some showdown value and you don't want to risk way more than you'd be getting (e.g., avoid RSing when the raise is to 300 and you each have 3000 behind).

suitsme, if you mean +$$ action, then yes. If you mean +chip action, then no ... you are often correct to decline.
This is a very big theme in SNG Strategy.

Boise123, I think tracking software is an excellent investment. I have the standard # Hands/VPIP/PFR/AF above all my opponents while I'm playing. My personal preference between the two is Office since I find the interface to be a little more user-friendly, but you can't go wrong.

Keep on crushing your games,
Collin