Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 AM

Default 50NL: AA I\'m completely lost

Villain has been limping scs and suited 1-gappers but isn't overly active post flop and has folded to a couple of my continuation bets and checked a couple hands down where he has bottom pair. I expect him to limp small pairs as well. My image is very very tight as I am 1-tabling trying to work out some leaks.

Also, is ANYONE checking this turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP ($55.70)
Button ($14.75)
Hero ($74.35)
BB ($16.10)
UTG ($70.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9, Button folds.

Turn: ($27.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, UTG calls $20.

River: ($67.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero...

Final Pot: $67.50

My immediate thought was to check the river to induce a bluff. In retrospect, I think this is completely wrong at 50NL.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: 50NL: AA I\'m completely lost

no, not checking the turn very often.. unless I want to stack a donk him.

I'd check sometimes to induce a bluff.. other times I'd just shove. All depends on how agressive he is.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 AM

Checking river is not completely wrong and I see bluffs here all the time with a missed FD.
Then the question is, will he call a bet with TP, will he bet TP when checked to, will he bluff a missed draw, and how big of a calling station is he. So will he call 2 streets with a naked FD.
Most players dont, they have at least something when they call 2 big bets on flop and turn. So he could have TJs and catched a OESD on top of his FD on the turn, or he has TPWK.
You showed strength preflop, on the flop and again on the turn, so he must at least put you on something like AK for TPTK.
But every bet you make on the river makes you committed.
I would check to induce a bluff, considering potsize it is likely Villian will attempt a bluff. I think there is more value in checking to induce than betting and being committed when villian shoves his rivered straight.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking river is not completely wrong and I see bluffs here all the time with a missed FD.
Then the question is, will he call a bet with TP, will he bet TP when checked to, will he bluff a missed draw, and how big of a calling station is he. So will he call 2 streets with a naked FD.
Most players dont, they have at least something when they call 2 big bets on flop and turn. So he could have TJs and catched a OESD on top of his FD on the turn, or he has TPWK.
You showed strength preflop, on the flop and again on the turn, so he must at least put you on something like AK for TPTK.
But every bet you make on the river makes you committed.
I would check to induce a bluff, considering potsize it is likely Villian will attempt a bluff. I think there is more value in checking to induce than betting and being committed when villian shoves his rivered straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your action on villain shove is...
Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 AM

call, you induced a bluff so you have to call.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 AM

Yep.. pot control went out the window with the near pot bet on the turn. the 9d only helps if he had TJ.. which is probably only possible if he has TJs, or some abomination like Q9 or K9
Old 07-24-2007, 07:00 AM

i usually only c/c in cases where my hand can't stand a raise and i get bumped off the pot by bluffs. in this case, you really can't be moved off after you bet, and villain knows that, so i bet like 40 and reload.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:04 AM

I don't like to be OOP in this spot.
Villain could have two pair here. I think the best case would be a missed FD or KJs.
Make some sort of blocking bet.

Second question:
Probably call, but he could have us beat.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM

He has like $35 left, so either way its going all-in. In this case its easier to bet it yourself cause you don't want to give him the chance to check behind with AK. If you are beat, meh. He would have raised the turn with something really good. I shove
Old 07-24-2007, 07:37 AM

oh i thought more was left than that.. I can't to the maths at this time in the morning.. I shove too in that case.