Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: TAG donk bets twice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happened to the button on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

The button was all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would simply call down. He's not folding anything, so raising for a free showdown or anything looks too fancy. Either he got you beat badly or he has a very good draw.

Only if a very scary A or K of hearts fell on the river would I consider folding if he continues betting.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only if a very scary A or K of hearts fell on the river would I consider folding if he continues betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

we should probably fold a J river too. probably.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we should probably fold a J river too. probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, yeah you're right, didn't see that one actually. I would at least fold a J as well.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 AM

i'm actually still not convinced on folding the jack though. we are calling now because we beat flush draws, lower pps. all of those will probably bet a river jack except A hi fd.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:44 AM

I think that the overlay required to win the whole pot is too much to make a T high call on the river here.

I think that we beat the TAG donker a reasonable amount because he can def have small PPs here, but the sidepot will only be 4BB

actually small PPs are probably more than 20% of his range so we could make a profit off of the side pot. I make a lot of bad high card call downs so take this for what it's worth
Old 07-25-2007, 10:21 AM

A river J would definitely be a fold for me. I was going to say that this really isn't a donk bet when it's capped pre-flop. TAGs at micro limit short handed like to bet into the pre-flop capper. It's a defensive donk bet I guess. They don't want to give up so easily so they are trying to say, "I was going to 5-bet pre-flop if I could", even though they could check-raise here every time if they wanted. I see this with draws, pps, made hands and A high all of the time. So, I wasn't worried on the flop. When he bet again on that turn, with the other guy all in, I started to consider that I was beat. Thoughts of free showdown raises entered my head after the hand. I know these guys will continue to make the pointless semi-bluff on the turn when they donk the flop with a draw, but that also means they will probably make the even more pointless bluff on the river too.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:55 PM

call down,