Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Halp us Jon Carry!

It never ceases to amaze me how the 'smartest' state in the US has the nuttiest democratic representatives.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Halp us Jon Carry!

Iowa? I know Iowa had the highest average SAT scores in 2004. Maybe South Dakota? They got second. Hmm, both red states.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Iowa? I know Iowa had the highest average SAT scores in 2004. Maybe South Dakota? They got second. Hmm, both red states.

[/ QUOTE ]

highschoolers don't vote, college students do.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:39 PM

heh, funny sign

john kerry is such an amazing disaster. a decorated veteran without any major scandals, lots of money and he still couldn't win the presidency. now he can't even keep from screwing up other peoples' races.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:44 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how the 'smartest' state in the US has the nuttiest democratic representatives.

It never ceases to amaze me how people willingly take comments out of context.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know there is a very long thread about this elsewhere, but I have to take the bait.

There is really no other way to interpret what he said. I read what the "original" joke was meant to be, and I can't say that I even believe it.

[ QUOTE ]
What Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., said about Iraq: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

What his spokesperson, Amy Brundage, said Kerry’s prepared text called for him to say: “Do you know where you end up if you don’t study, if you aren’t smart, if you’re intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush.”

[/ QUOTE ]
The wording is dis-jointed and it wasn't any funnier than what he actually said. I believe he clearly stated what was on his mind, and now it is coming back to bite him (and the Democratic Party) in the ass. To believe Kerry at this point, we have to believe that he may be the worst public speaker in American Politics right now. "His" version is VASTLY different than the suppossed "prepared" version.

I find it incredible that Jon Kerry is finding a way to lose this year even though he isn't even on a ballot anywhere. I wonder how many congressional seats he lost with his stupid comment?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it you thought that botched "joke" was either funny or accurate? ok.

Yes I know this joke was supposed to be about bush but that's not exactly "in context".
Old 11-01-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

highschoolers don't vote, college students do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not talking about voting. Talking about what makes a state the "smartest" state. SAT scores was something I arbitraily picked that someone might try to really use, and Massachusetts doesn't even rank top 50% on SATs.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:19 PM

I'm glad to see these soldiers are more concerned about a botched joke from an politician who is not even running for office this year than the fact that:

1) they are in a country that is teetering on civil war and where 67% of the population want the US out;
2) they are short about 100k-200k troops to keep order in the country;
3) October marked the third highest monthly death toll for US Soldiers
4) There appears to be an open-ended commitment with no end in sight
5) Soldiers are in their third deployment to Iraq with reserves stretched thin and National Guardsman pulling duty they are not trained for.

But this is what concerns them. After they're finished with this clever sign, they can stack it neatly against the one that reads: Mission Accomplished.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to see these soldiers are more concerned about a botched joke from an politician who is not even running for office this year than the fact that:

1) they are in a country that is teetering on civil war and where 67% of the population want the US out;
2) they are short about 100k-200k troops to keep order in the country;
3) October marked the third highest monthly death toll for US Soldiers
4) There appears to be an open-ended commitment with no end in sight
5) Soldiers are in their third deployment to Iraq with reserves stretched thin and National Guardsman pulling duty they are not trained for.

But this is what concerns them. After they're finished with this clever sign, they can stack it neatly against the one that reads: Mission Accomplished.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that taking 15 minutes to make a sign means you have abandoned all other concerns.
Closed Thread