Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Step into the tee box

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an interesting post but my thought is you have to learn to walk before you run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously don't disagree with this, I just dont think many players are actually heading towards running.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could not be MORE ACCURATE!!! And, I think I am one of those players! Soemtimes I feel like I am stuck in neutral. Not really doing anything to make my game better. Time to change that...
Old 02-03-2006, 04:09 PM

not that i don't like this thread, but of all the people to dig up a 3 month old thread for bumpitude...

c
Old 02-03-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a reall great post, and a well thought out analogy. I only disagree with one thing.

[ QUOTE ]
You don’t want to be a $5, $10, $200 player forever. You don’t want to be just a tournament player forever. You don’t just want to understand NL holdem forever. You want to be the best at everything. That should be your goal, at least

[/ QUOTE ]

People play poker for all sorts of reasons. Some people just want to be winners at the 5 dollar level, and have no desire to move up and I don't think there's anything really wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well usually the people who read a board like 2+2 aren't the kind of players that wanna stay at the 5$ level.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not that i don't like this thread, but of all the people to dig up a 3 month old thread for bumpitude...

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guy posted his favorite threads, I read it and looked at them and responded. I didnt even look to see how old it was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2006, 05:33 PM

haha me neither
Old 05-07-2007, 09:04 AM

very good post.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:10 PM

BUMP FOR TURNING MY GAME IN A NEW DIRECTION
Old 08-22-2007, 09:46 PM

the best poker player in the world is not the one who can hold his own in any game against any competition. the best player is the one who wins the most money...or more accurately, expects to win the most money (in long run).

if there is disagreement here, then so be it - to each his own. but it seems clear to me that poker is purely about money - there is no "accomplishment" or pride or anything of that sort - unless you value being a "better" degenerate than the next guy.

if you agree with me...if your motive is to maximize the amount of money you win (or, minimize the amount you lose)- then jason is right for some people, and wrong for others. some (or most) people don't have the time/intelligence/whatever to be ever be serious, successful high-stakes poker players. for these, finding a low-stakes edge that they can exploit, and sticking to it might be the best thing they can do.

for those who do anticipate betting more in the future, sacrificing short-term EV in the spirit of education can certainly pay off...but the player who spends all his time and money "learning," only to lose big in the big game, is worst off of all.

[ QUOTE ]
You want to be the best at everything. That should be your goal, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]
don't agree

who is smarter, you or your friend? if you look at yourself, and realize you have the talent, time and energy to become a pro golfer...then you are probably right to learn the "right" way. if you are just a weekend warrior...then you're the sucker...akin to the guy who plays too tight on the SNG bubble and can't understand why the "fish" always draw out on him
Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Regarding OP suggestion about practicing playing HU, was he talking about cash games, or SNG?

Also, is he talking about showing your cards after each hand is over?

If anyone here knows.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:36 AM

Nice post, I totally agree.