Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Damages

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone else watching this fantastic show? It may very well be the best show on TV right now. The more we learn about what's going on the more mysterious it gets!

Terrific cast, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What ARE you talking about?

My early returns

Chuck - Meh, but it will be a huge hit
Heroes - remains guilty awesome pleasure
Cane - This will run 6 episodes max. Which is too bad, because there is some potential for coolness - this show would be AMAZING on cable...
K-ville - this one actually has a chance to not totally suck, just mostly suck.

But in the first two days, the best new show is Journeyman, and it's not even close. Hard to put the finger on why, but the pilot was just tighter than the others. Great casting with McKidd and the always fun reed Diamond as brothers. Very very nice casting with the dead-or-not ex-fiance.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg . . . tomorrow!!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Old 09-26-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, at first I thought you were talking about DwtS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What channel/time is this on?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on Tuesdays on FX...but you've missed most of the season...Glen Close, Ted Danson...very well written...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]

Floyd gets the second spot with cha cha. Well, in spite of building this guy up, this dance was a trainwreck. His posture and his shoulders are atrocious, and one of the constants about the cha cha is to never step on your heels. This guy pounded on his heels like it was his job. Len's going to crucify him on the hip hop stuff. Ooooorrrr not. Man, the judges were exceedingly nice to him, IMHO. At least their scores were closer to the mark.

Helio got foxtrot w/ Julianne, and his frame looked great in rehearsal. It looked good on stage, too. His frame and his arms were much better than they had any business being for a man on the first night. His footwork was a little questionable in places, esp. wrt heels and toes, but the judges here never watch that anyway. His character was very good. He could easily be the best guy. His 25 was well-earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Helio! - How does a race car driver dance so well?! That was very impressive. Loved the choreography by Julianne [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] For me this was probably the biggest treat of the night. Was that the coolest ending to a foxtrot you've ever seen? Omg, the girl just kills it!

Floyd was really interesting to watch. I see what you mean about the heel stomping Wookie. His dancing looked very peculiar because every single step went down on the heel first. It looked more urban or hip hop in its style. He had tons of energy. I really do think he could do well but it will take a zillion hours of training. I sort of doubt he's that committed.

I really liked what Mark Cuban did last night. I didn't have a clue who he was before watching the show. I was wondering why he was so confident. A billionaire huh. I guess that would make anyone confident! I thought he had an awesome attitude and I really enjoyed his routine. How on earth did he pull that off with a new hip replacement?! Very nice job.

Finally, all the professional women looked amazing. But Cheryl was the cutest of the night if you ask me. That girl blows me away.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But in the first two days, the best new show is Journeyman, and it's not even close. Hard to put the finger on why, but the pilot was just tighter than the others. Great casting with McKidd and the always fun reed Diamond as brothers. Very very nice casting with the dead-or-not ex-fiance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I impulse DVR'd it after the Heroes premiere. Haven't watched it yet.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's on Tuesdays on FX...but you've missed most of the season...Glen Close, Ted Danson...very well written...

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to DVR it this summer, but missed the first episode, so I haven't followed it. Hoping to catch season 1 in reruns. (Damages is in Dom's post title for those following along at home.)
Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 PM

In the category Guilty Pleasures...

Beauty and the Geek. It's mean, I know, but the absolute stupidity of the "beauties" is laugh your ass off funny.

Last night they were talking about the debate competition and one of the beauties commented that she was good at "argumentating."
Old 09-26-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, at first I thought you were talking about DwtS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What channel/time is this on?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. Love the show, but Glenn Close's character reminds me of one of my bosses, which brings out the hate...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Beauty and the Geek. It's mean, I know, but the absolute stupidity of the "beauties" is laugh your ass off funny.

Last night they were talking about the debate competition and one of the beauties commented that she was good at "argumentating."

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually know one of the girls on the show.

They say these things are edited to make people seem however the producers want them to seem.

I was on a reality show, featured doing my job. The editing portrayed me as borderline angry, overly sarcastic, and very hung-over.

In actuality, I was borderline angry, overly sarcastic, and very, very hung-over.

For Beauty and the Geek, no creative editing was necessary. This girl really is that dumb. Not in that sweet and ditzy way, but in the unpleasant and aggressively ignorant way.

She really is an awful person. It's very satisfying to see someone you don't like make a complete ass of themselves on national television.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was on a reality show, featured doing my job. The editing portrayed me as borderline angry, overly sarcastic, and very hung-over.

In actuality, I was borderline angry, overly sarcastic, and very, very hung-over.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This made me laugh. I wonder how each one of us would be portrayed on a reality show. I think I would be portrayed as clueless and out of step. Probably the annoyed loner who kept to herself in the other room.