Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 2008 Seahawks

"The key still for Seattle and it's always been is the running game."

Disagree.

The team that went to the superbowl used the passing game to set up the run. Obv the running game is a huge part, but they can with with a bad running game and have no shot if the passing game isn't hitting.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:15 PM

If they don't have a good running game their defensive unit becomes very ineffective as seen by much of last season. Yes they gave Chicago a scare but Chicago wasn't really that great near the end of the season. I guess Seattle can "bounce" back to their 2005-2006 season form, but it's a definite question mark.

Seattle was 5-3 last year at home, fyi.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:25 PM

I would be happier if they had another corner or 2 and a TE that wasn't almost my age, but other than that, they look solid. If Tubbs can't come back or gets hurt again they will have trouble stopping the run.

Let's run through the schedule and see how they look-

Tampa- Easy win. 1-0

@ Arizona. Lost there last year, Cards have a new coach. Will give them the nod. 1-1

Cincinnati- Depends on how many Bengals are in jail at game time. Hawks should win at home. 2-1

@SF. They are tough these days. 2-2

@Pittsburgh. Hawks travel like [censored] to the East Coast, but I see some serious SB revenge. I give them a good shot in this game. 3-2

New Orleans- Should be a really entertaining high scoring game. Tossup, but Hawks are at home. 4-2

St. Louis- They have been circling the bowl for a few years now. Hawks should handle them. 5-2

@Cleveland. LOL. 6-2

SF- Should be much closer as a home game, but I am still not convinced they can stop Frank Gore. 6-3

Chicago- Again, a revenge game. If everyone is healthy, Seattle wins this (especially if Grossman is still starting). 7-3

@St. Louis. Rams are tougher at home. Will give them the nod, but I would not be surprised if Hawks roll. 7-4

@Philly. This depends on whether McNabb has had his season ending injury yet. If he plays, it is a tough game, since Philly has a some serious revenge waiting for the rape they suffered on MNF a couple of years ago. I expect McNabb to be sidelined by then, however. 8-4

Arizona- Hawks win this one at home. 9-4

@Carolina- ugh. If Carolina is healthy they win. 9-5

Baltimore- Who knows? Schizo team from hell. Win for the Hawks as home team. 10-5

@Atlanta- The Falcons are going to SUCK. 11-5.

10-6 to 12-4 is what I expect. Should be good enough for the division, but will definitely be a wildcard. If injuries strike, all bets are off (as it is with everyone in the NFL).
Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 PM

As is the case with most teams there are just a lot of marginal games that could go either way.
The Palmer-era Bengals have proven to be a good road team that really doesn't care where they play. By the same token the Steelers aren't a great home team but still that's a tough game & the AFC wins so many of those perceived "toss-up" interconference games...
I don't think they get swept by the 49ers again but they could easily start 2-4.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 AM

WayAbvPar,

10-12 wins with a team that hasn't really improved at all from last year's 9-7 squad?

Winning at Philly but losing at Carolina?

wtf?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM

I predict eli manning and brandon jacobs of the new york giants to annihiliate the seahawks on there way to the superbowl
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WayAbvPar,

10-12 wins with a team that hasn't really improved at all from last year's 9-7 squad?

[/ QUOTE ]

But they have improved, plz to be reading this thread.

Things that will be better than last year:

QB: Matt played hurt
RB: Shaun missed a ton of time and played hurt
DL: Tubbs back, better depth
DB: MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
LB: Young core of LBs v. likely to get better.

And I can make arguments why the OL and WR core will be better. The only real drop off is at the TE spot.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict eli manning and brandon jacobs of the new york giants to annihiliate the seahawks on there way to the superbowl

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll never get to the superbowl with that chowderhead of a coach, Tom Coughlin at the helm.. He's the only coach who fines his players for being at meetings on time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 01:08 AM

The Seahawks fans in this thread are being ridiculous. There's a difference between being overly optimistic about your team (which nearly all sports fans are guilty of) and being just downright silly. Seahawks fans are leaning toward the latter in this thread.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
QB: Matt played hurt
RB: Shaun missed a ton of time and played hurt

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting people back healthy is not what I meant by improving your squad, but yeah it helps. But other people will get hurt, it's the NFL.

[ QUOTE ]
LB: Young core of LBs v. likely to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peterson is not young. Lofa regressed in his second year, so why is it likely that he will get better?

[ QUOTE ]
And I can make arguments why the OL and WR core will be better. The only real drop off is at the TE spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why will the OL be better? Walter Jones is not getting any younger.

WR might actually be better because Hackett is really underrated, but very good 3rd/4th recievers don't always make good starters (think Greg Lewis).

But again, the point is that Seattle hasn't really improved their squad much. They've made some marginal improvements. But compare that to San Fran and Arizona, who on paper look MUCH better this year, and consider that Seattle wasn't any good last year to begin with, and their schedule is harder..... I mean how is this a 12-4 team?