Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Couple of Other Economics Questions - Quickies once again

The fact that the answer is C does not change the fact that the OP's teacher is an idiot. These questions are very poorly worded and therefore it is easy to misunderstand a question and think that one answer is perfectly correct.

As mentioned in the thread, there's no such thing as the law of opportunity cost. That alone should invalidate the question.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that the answer is C does not change the fact that the OP's teacher is an idiot. These questions are very poorly worded and therefore it is easy to misunderstand a question and think that one answer is perfectly correct.

As mentioned in the thread, there's no such thing as the law of opportunity cost. That alone should invalidate the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

These questions really look like econ being taught someplace that doesn't have an econ department.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I think this teacher/professor/whatever is probably one of the worst in the history of education. She is definitely giving OP a bad taste of Economics. I, for one, switched my major to Economics because the professor I had for Principles of Macroeconomics was amazing and really made me find interest in the field.

If you type in "law of opportunity cost" into google, you get hits, but they all say "law of increasing opportunity cost," which is what I noted in my most recent post in this thread.

OP, if you want to transfer to my school for the Spring 08 and major in Economics, I'd gladly help you to settle in. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with our Econ Dept. I even have a place you could sublease from me since I'll be graduating in December. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 03:37 PM

I got both of them right and was an econ major, but I've never heard of a law of opportunity cost. C seems more like law of diminishing returns than law of opportunity cost, but I thought it was the best answer out of all of them.

Read the book better I guess. Intro econ classes are all pretty much definitions and some simple concepts.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:40 PM

BTW, the other thread was made for EC 201, and this thread was made for EC 202. However, the fact of the matter is that both of these teachers are PHD students in economics, are both foreign, have a very thick accent, and are not affluent in English. He's a good teacher and I don't fault him for not having English has his first language. He asks us all the time for correct pronunciations and words that fit correctly. He spells Joey as Joye. Pretty funny stuff, but he's a nice guy so I don't really mind.