Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 600NL: AKss to a 3-bet

[ QUOTE ]
I find it VERY hard to believe that a 40/25 or whatever is NOT re-raising light. I mean if he's raising every fourth hand, he has to be 3-betting light at least occassionally. Just b/c you haven't specifically witnessed him 3-bet AJss, or 99 or 8-7dd, doesn't mean he isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually 4 bet and get it in here, because [censored] him.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:40 PM

how long was your session? and are these datamined stats? you said he reraised ONCE and that was KK... how the [censored] does he have PRF% of 25 and only reraise kings? Your read seems a little contradictory - especially given today's game where someone is usually opening the pot for a raise.

I mean if he was cold-calling every opener he'd be more like 40/13. Or maybe someone can explain how his stats and the "read" given can co-exist.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it VERY hard to believe that a 40/25 or whatever is NOT re-raising light. I mean if he's raising every fourth hand, he has to be 3-betting light at least occassionally. Just b/c you haven't specifically witnessed him 3-bet AJss, or 99 or 8-7dd, doesn't mean he isn't.

Given that and the strength of your hand (at least imo), folding is out of the question. I would raise and call a shove - he'll shove JJ/QQ and other AK's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I understand where you're coming from. But to get to those stats, here's what he was doing: basically raising any 2 at the beginning of the session, stuff like J5 etc. He actually showdown really weird hands, which is how he got there.