Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV
This is clearly B, B, or V 4 6.35%
double you tea eff mate? 8 12.70%
TGIF Mate! 6 9.52%
BBV gets worse every day 14 22.22%
BBV gets better every day 10 15.87%
BBV got so bad it was good but now the downward spiral is like looking like Snakes on a Plane 2 starring Heratio Sanz (no samuel L= beat zomg) 11 17.46%
Danza, ysscky 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-10-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

[ QUOTE ]
n82,

does ozzy have a big dick?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's kinda ridiculous that you people always show up in threads like this.

1) He's my friend and I've talked to him a few times about this incident so I know, somewhat, what's going on
2) He doesn't post on forums because they're retarded when you actually have something better to do
3) People obv want to know what is going on and since 1 and 2 are true, someone (aka me) is willing to lay out some facts that might not otherwise be posted. Otherwise people bitch and complain that they don't know additional details.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you realize, that to this police officer, the difference between being arab and pakistani is irrelevant?

to the average american populace, "middle eastern origin muslim" has been labelled arab.

I'm actually surprised he got off so easy as the situation is so suspicious; his background must be squeaky clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was merely responding to the numerous "yeah well he's arab too" responses. I realize msot cops dont know the difference either.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sucks to be <whats the proper term, middle-eastern?> post 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-10-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
n82,

does ozzy have a big dick?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's kinda ridiculous that you people always show up in threads like this.

1) He's my friend and I've talked to him a few times about this incident so I know, somewhat, what's going on
2) He doesn't post on forums because they're retarded when you actually have something better to do
3) People obv want to know what is going on and since 1 and 2 are true, someone (aka me) is willing to lay out some facts that might not otherwise be posted. Otherwise people bitch and complain that they don't know additional details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down buddy. We are all friends here.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok well we need a term to describe everybody in that general region who has brown skin and a similar sounding name (at least similar sounding to those of us in the west). This isn't ignorance or stupidity, its just a need to simplify mass amounts of data in our brains.

So whats the non-ignorant term to use for referring to anybody from:

Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Oman, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon et al.

I fully understand that if you are from one of those nations, or have spent time there, they are vastly different...but to your average American, they are kinda the same, just as to your average Pakistani who has never left that country...California, Nevada, Washingston State, Canada, New York, England and Australia are all pretty much the same.

They call us [different for every nation, but they all surely have a word]. What do we call them without being rude?

The default term seems to have become Arab. Even though the roots of that word do not agree with the intended meaning, I'm sure people who blanketly call them all Arabs are fully aware there are many nations that make up that region...they are (as I am right now) just lost for a word to describe them all quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually most of the countries above are Arab. Except for Pakistan of course [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Arab_World
Old 08-10-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if Ozzy was acting nervous and jittery when the cop asked him if he could search his car and he said no? The cop then calls the K9 unit and has a drug sniffing dog show up. In most, if not all states, if the dog "hits" on the car they have the right to search it. Just because you don't give them the consent to search your car doesn't mean they can't/won't come up with a reason to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the cops are done asking you questions all you need to do is ask if they are detaining you. If not, you can go. If they are and they don't have probable cause for doing so they're in deep [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was doing 80 on a city street then that's more than 20 over which is easily turned into reckless driving. So yes they could have easily detained him and brought a dog out to sniff for the drugs.

Like others have said admitting guilt is 100% or you could take your chances with the dogs. However sometimes if you're honest with a police officer they cite you for a charge of something much smaller.

Like if you have X amt of marijuana and if you just had a lil less you would be cited for possession instead of intent to distribute. So if you knwo they're going to search you honesty might be the best policy.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:05 AM

There's not much you an do if a cop wants to search you. You tell them no, they tell you they smell weed and to step out of the car. It's that easy. You can't prove they made up probable cause because it's their word over yours.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another reason not to consent to a search of your car. Speeding turns into a drug DUI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, why the [censored] would you consent to a search at all, nevermind if you had a joint. Just say you don't consent and ask if you are being charged for anything/given a ticket blah blah and or if you can leave.