Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 03:00 PM

Default StudHi Great 4th street...now what??

Do we like or should i have played it differently?

Is it full steam ahead or am i slowing down to a raise?
River bet or is check ok?

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (5.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (8.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (14.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (17.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (17.80 BB - $35.60)
Old 03-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: StudHi Great 4th street...now what??

bet the river.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Trips tens are not a very strong hand so I would play it somewhat careful. Seat 8 seems strange to me... Hard to know what he was aiming for or if he was only holding a twopair or something like that.

I believe that a raise at 3rd street would be good because you do not have that strong hand. I think its better to represent a holding. My main objective is that two players ar holding an open A and two are holding an open J, wich i interpret as less likely that they are holding something good.

At the river i would check. The reason is that i believe that only a stronger hand would call me. And if someone hit the strong hand they was fishing for the would reraise you. Check it down is the right move (i think).
Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM

Seat 8 completed his own BI on 3rd?? Hmmm. Shows alot of strength or he is a complete idiot. I wouldn't argue a fold on 3rd since there are overcards in the pot & your diamonds are pretty much dead. Nice catch on 4th.

Bet the river!!!! The only thing I would be worried about is pocket K's from seat 8 but he's played so passive, I wouldn't count on it. Seat 2 should realize that his heart draw is pretty much toast & shoulda folded already.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I calling a raise then? Im struggling to find hands that I am better than that would raise my river bet at this point.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 8 completed his own BI on 3rd?? Hmmm. Shows alot of strength or he is a complete idiot. I wouldn't argue a fold on 3rd since there are overcards in the pot & your diamonds are pretty much dead. Nice catch on 4th.

Bet the river!!!! The only thing I would be worried about is pocket K's from seat 8 but he's played so passive, I wouldn't count on it. Seat 2 should realize that his heart draw is pretty much toast & shoulda folded already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I would be folding on 4th if it wasn't for the T, but I can't see a fold ever here with ALL my cards live, that is usually enought to see 4th street.

BI completes (he's done this before w/ a 3 flush)and called twice was the action, not sure of what you are saying up top.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trips tens are not a very strong hand so I would play it somewhat careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Au contraire, my friend. Trip 10's is a very strong holding being a set and holding 3 of the cards that others need to make a high straight. It's a very strong holding! And on 4th, it's a monster.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I would be folding on 4th if it wasn't for the T, but I can't see a fold ever here with ALL my cards live, that is usually enought to see 4th street.

BI completes (he's done this before w/ a 3 flush)and called twice was the action, not sure of what you are saying up top.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gave no reads on any of the players, so we didn't know if he always completed his own BI or never. I said I would not argue a fold on 3rd because when the BI completes his own bet, it usually is a sign of strength. Alot of experienced players don't do this except for certain circumstances & maybe as an occaisional mix it up play. It screams big hand.

Therefore, if someone raises their own BI in front of you, then it is called by 2 players...I wouldn't argue if someone said fold the 10's on third. I most likely would call one bet with your hand but certainly no more.

And all of your cards are not live on 3rd. There are several diamonds & straight cards out that could help your hand.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Trip 10s, awesome. Played perfect. The ckeck is fine.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You gave no reads on any of the players, so we didn't know if he always completed his own BI or never. I said I would not argue a fold on 3rd because when the BI completes his own bet, it usually is a sign of strength. Alot of experienced players don't do this except for certain circumstances & maybe as an occaisional mix it up play. It screams big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has trips here, im still ok to call one.

[ QUOTE ]

And all of your cards are not live on 3rd. There are several diamonds & straight cards out that could help your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about st8 and/or flush cards, i simply stated that I have both tens open and the 6s.

This has to be a check IMO. At least in HE the rule is if you feel confident more than 50% that you are good AND you are comfortable calling the raise, bet for value (which this clearly would be).

I hate calling two bets on this 7th street as it could be Ks up or As up which im getting an xtra, but most likely the hand that will be raising me will be beating me and based off of the action I would have to make a cryer...

i'd rather call then have to put 2 in here.