Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Default WSOP stud on now 8-9pm EDT Tues 8/14

Sorry so late but a 2007 WSOP final table is on ESPN now until 9pm EDT.

Patty
Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: WSOP stud on now 8-9pm EDT Tues 8/14

Oh crap, I'm off by an hour.

Patty
Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM

i like how they changed it so you know what the holecards are. Before they used to rearange them on hand rank.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like how they changed it so you know what the holecards are. Before they used to rearange them on hand rank.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, looks a lot better this year
Old 08-15-2007, 01:10 PM

handled much better this time. easier to watch while maintainging the integrity of the game. i was totally impressed with the quality of play but i guess the short handed situation of tournaments will create for less than optimal play. But overall, it seemed more like a claling festival than making good laydowns or solid raises.

was this the $5,000 event or a smaller one as the prizes seemed pretty small.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
handled much better this time. easier to watch while maintainging the integrity of the game. i was totally impressed with the quality of play but i guess the short handed situation of tournaments will create for less than optimal play. But overall, it seemed more like a claling festival than making good laydowns or solid raises.

was this the $5,000 event or a smaller one as the prizes seemed pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

this one was 2K buy-in with 213 entrants.

It did seem like there was a lot of questionable play going on here. Some of it you can call 3rd level thinking or whatever, like when Frangos called Negraneau to the river with a pr of 5s or some such low pair...seems like a fold to me on 5th but you cant account for what reads they are making or prior playing together.

Some just seemed like bad poker. There was a lot of MP completions and guys calling with just a pr of deuces, no kicker. Obviously they are editing out a lot of hands so tough to tell if they are just showing the wonky hands.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Can someone who understands stud hi explain what was going on in that hand where the guy folded aces up on the river to Frangos' set of 5s? Frangos raises 5th when he catches the 5, but it is also suited to his doorcard, so I guess could be a free card play. But then he bets when checked to on 6th when the other guy makes an open pair, surely you have to either believe him and fold now or call him down. Is there a good reason to call 6th and fold 7th?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone who understands stud hi explain what was going on in that hand where the guy folded aces up on the river to Frangos' set of 5s? Frangos raises 5th when he catches the 5, but it is also suited to his doorcard, so I guess could be a free card play. But then he bets when checked to on 6th when the other guy makes an open pair, surely you have to either believe him and fold now or call him down. Is there a good reason to call 6th and fold 7th?

[/ QUOTE ]

figured he was beat and was trying to fill I guess. It did seem strange though. I don't think any of those guys knew what a free card was.

I remember one of the hands where I think Lisandro waited to 6th to raise his 4 flush he got on 4th...he had no pair on 6th....I am not sure why he didnt raise 4th or 5th as he basically charged himself to draw with one card to come. He then checked the river too I think, so it wasnt done as a steal attempt.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 AM

I watched it again and realized I got the action wrong, the guy with aces up actually bet 6th and got raised again. At that point I think he was getting more than 10:1 to see 7th so I guess it does make sense that he would call to try and fill up now.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:23 AM

Does anyone fold 5th of that hand to a raise because chips are such a premium?