Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Simon mistake

Hey, is it me or did Simon refer to Brandon Rogers as "Travis" when he gave feedback? Paula gave a funny look to Randy when he said it. LOL
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: **Boys night 3/6/07 Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Randy + Paula say 4. Simon says 3.5.

I have:

1. Blake
2. Chris R
3. Chris S

(in some order)

as the top 3 guys. Who is the fourth guy who is deserving of the final 12?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think fractions of Brandon or Sundance for potential's sake. They've sucked so far, but I think either might have a good performance somewhere eventually. So...

1. Blake
2. Chris R
3. Chris S
0.15 Sundance
+0.35 Brandon
-------------
3.5?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:14 AM

I think the 4th guy is Brandon. He's shown the best "raw" talent but has just sucked when it comes to picking songs.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Overall, they were all awful and unlless they step up their game thee is NO chance of a male winner this year.
I know it was a bad night when I think Sanjaya was the most improved over last week [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 AM

It's painful amd boring to listen to the men sing. bring on the ladies!

Tuesday night is the monor league american idol show and Wednesday it the the majors. go lakesha!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Simon mistake

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, is it me or did Simon refer to Brandon Rogers as "Travis" when he gave feedback? Paula gave a funny look to Randy when he said it. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I heard that too. I guess thats what Simon means when he says you should stand out more, lol.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Judging by DialIdol it looks like Sundance's massacre of Eddie Vedder (one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time) might send him home. He really is not very good, I can't believe I was so fooled by his audition.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 PM

I don't think you were fooled by the audition. That audition was great. I think a poster suggested a while back that he probably had months to prepare for that audition with that song. He had it perfected. But when singing anything else, he is just average at best.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 PM

I really thought Sundance was the worst of the night simply because he picked a bad song for him. See, when the contestents pick artists who have iconic voices and are so knows for their talent level, they are really doing themselves a huge disservice. You immediately think of the original artist when they sing, and it makes their bad vocals stand out that much more. Sundance was THE perfect example of this. What was he thinking picking a Vedder song?? Vedder is one of the best male vocalists of all time for that genre. Terrible choice. I think Chris Richardson is making the best song choices so far. You don't associate the artist as much with his song choices. Same with Chris Sligh. I was dissapointed with Blake last night. I still think night one was his best night with the Keane cover choice. Overall I am not impressed with any of them. There is not one guy that I think has a realistic shot of winning this.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you were fooled by the audition. That audition was great. I think a poster suggested a while back that he probably had months to prepare for that audition with that song. He had it perfected. But when singing anything else, he is just average at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be another factor as well. Unlike some of the singers who go off-pitch here and there in a song (ex: Phil Stacy), Sundance seems to ride consistantly off - like he is always slightly flat or sharp by x%. This is not an issue when singing acappella like in the audtions - you are by yourself and there is no pitch standard - but a glaring problem when singing with a band.

Sundance has had only one even halfway-decent performance since the audition. I think he was in the bottom two last night along with Phil Stacy (even Sanjaya was better), and it wouldn't surprise me to see him go home.