Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 AM

Default whiffed 3bet ak how do i cbet without committing myself?

...or do i?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($20.79)
CO ($1.93)
Button ($16.82)
Hero ($6.60)
BB ($17.47)
UTG ($2.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: whiffed 3bet ak how do i cbet without committing myself?

Rebuy to a full stack before the hand, that's how.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rebuy to a full stack before the hand, that's how.

[/ QUOTE ]

its hard to rebuy to a full stack on ub when you lose the hand before
Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM

You don't...

Your SPR is ~2. This is an all in or not situation. If you decide to Cbet, the only way you are going to win is if either A) villain thinks he is beat, B) Villain is ACTUALLY beat. This, of course, depends on reads. If he is very loose and you have had a tight image, he may lay down thinking you have an OP, but if he is fairly tight as well, getting ~2:1, he is probably going to call...and you are probably going to lose. Personally I would have liked a raise to ~$0.70. This gives you a good SPR for this and is also near the 10% committment threshhold....lots of flexibility with that.

Just my thoughts.

Fammy
Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM

Grunch.

Ehh, I wouldn't worry enormously about commitment. Honestly, I think it's thrown around a little too much, and gets people in bad situations. Everyone says "Don't commit 40% and then fold," or whatever, but there are plenty of spots where you can see that you are well under the equity threshold you need to be to make any sense of committing. If you can salvage 50% of your stack, because you know throwing the rest in is drawing to 24% odds, and you're not getting a big enough pot, you ought to do it. This is a cash game, not a tourney.

So let's make the decent, if not perfect, assumption that an A or K will win this pot for you.

So let's say you're at 1 in 4 odds (actually, just under) right now. If it all goes in, the final pot will be 13.20. That means you are getting odds if you have to put in the last 3.30. If you bet $2, you're right on the cusp, and everything is marginal. So either full-pot (or shove, depending on which you think scares him more) it and commit, or bet like 1.80 and bail out if you get raised/called and don't hit your A or K.

Depends on how you want to play it.

PS: I'd like feedback on this line of thinking, for my own benefit.