Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: HSNL [censored] THREAD NOVEMBER

[ QUOTE ]
i'm definitely up for rockpool come aussie millions (i live in melb). I've eaten there 30+ times in the last 5 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw I was kinda underwelmed.

I def prefer the duck confit at Bergerac to the rib-eye I had.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:58 AM

RBK at FTOPS horse final table gogogogoogo

the question is not will he bust out, it's how and in what game
Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i get bluff magazine in the mail - i assume that means poker sites are selling our personal data? pretty sweet.

anyway, this is like the third issue i've received. i keep them in the bathrooom mainly because i would feel like a moron reading them anywhere else. so the magazine is garbage - like terrible writing - truly awful almost across the board - from content, to style to grammar, however....

WOW jman is phenomenal. the content is always brilliant, but more than that - in a sea of such crap - his writing style is nearly perfect. just hits their demographic right in the chest. jman - i predict you will be really good at everything in life.

so bluff - more jman, less stories by ZJ about traveling around the world flexing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh bluff is ok... i try not to harsh on it too badly because its relatively new and is getting better... but youre right, phils articles are [censored] incredible... im not kidding when i say its some of the best stuff ever written about poker.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I subscribed to Cardplayer in high school and my Dad still pays for it. I think I would rather have Bluff tbh, I used to look forward to reading Negreanu and Hellmuth articles but now they just piss me off because they play so bad. I like "H2H Combat" though which has featured raptor and sbrugby

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i remember one day when i was starting out i read through every single hellmuth article on the cardplayer website... i couldnt get enough, i thought they were so interesting... now i cant read a single thing by a live pro like that because it tilts me so hard knowing theyre richer than me and then reading the absolutely moronic stuff they think... i also bought like 7 poker dvd boxsets (wpt, etc.) for the same reason and also can not watch that [censored] anymore... gus hansen winning two wpts in one year makes me want to cry.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should write The Legend of Samoleus

[/ QUOTE ]

Niman was a young boy who had dreams of dominating poker, chess, soccer. He did all of the three, and is known as the triple threat of these games. He won over 14 million dollars in 3 years at poker only by 4 tabling 10-20 at 27pt bb/100. He also accuired a 2300 rating in chess, and lost his only match to Bobby Fischer. Lastly he played professional soccer in the Pro Nowerigan league, and also was a starter for the Dallas Burn in 2001. If this wasn't enough his baby needed healthcare beyond his winnings of 14 million dollars so he took a job at a supermarket that had a great health care plan.

And then the countless fueds on 2+2 etc etc., a true american hero Samo.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre on fire lately.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I subscribed to Cardplayer in high school and my Dad still pays for it. I think I would rather have Bluff tbh, I used to look forward to reading Negreanu and Hellmuth articles but now they just piss me off because they play so bad. I like "H2H Combat" though which has featured raptor and sbrugby

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i remember one day when i was starting out i read through every single hellmuth article on the cardplayer website... i couldnt get enough, i thought they were so interesting... now i cant read a single thing by a live pro like that because it tilts me so hard knowing theyre richer than me and then reading the absolutely moronic stuff they think... i also bought like 7 poker dvd boxsets (wpt, etc.) for the same reason and also can not watch that [censored] anymore... gus hansen winning two wpts in one year makes me want to cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

qf absolute truth...I used to watch any televised poker except celebrity poker showdown. Sure makes me nostalgic to see old WPT and WSOPs though
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM

I just ran 300$ i had left on FTP to 53k in 1 30 hour session starting with 1-2 NL hu and ending with 25-50 hu and 6max

hoolllllaaaaa
Old 11-16-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

qf absolute truth...I used to watch any televised poker except celebrity poker showdown. Sure makes me nostalgic to see old WPT and WSOPs though

[/ QUOTE ]

my thing was negreanus articles, mostly tournament stuff.

to this day, i think that helped me out with my poker 'development' perhaps more than anything else. at the time the stuff just lit me on fire... although i wish i would have known about 2p2
Old 11-16-2007, 05:05 PM

lol please graph rasz
Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM

haha post that in bbv awesome