Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-28-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: blind battle, auto stack off?

i think the straights occasionally play this way

all A up prolly do (but he prolly folds alot of the A9/7 combos on the flop)

and all NFD combos

i think your prolly around 20% against this range and it seems like you need to be about 25% so it looks like a close fold imo
Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM

Am I the only one having trouble finding a hand for this villain to NOT 3b thee flop but c/r this turn? like A10 and str8s are the only thing that make sense to me. WTF?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 PM

b/c the turn not too likely he continues with A7, A9 is possible, but meh.

You'll see hands like KT enough.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

the problem i had was that i don't think villain is ever really bluffing/semi bluffing here. i think if hes shoving with A8 of spades or something he thinks its the best hand. I dont think he expects me to fold any good hand here because i think his semi bluffing opportunities were so much bigger on the flop (more fold equity, i can be raising with a lot of weakish hands knowing the board is rough to play out of position etc.).
Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 PM

fees- i agree. i really really had a hard time, even hours after the hand let alone in 15 seconds, putting villain on a hand. He had been pretty aggro preflop, but postflop he wasn't too crazy. He also was playing his hands fast tho, so i discounted a lot of good but not great made hands on the flop to just call oop. I dunno maybe aces up or a weird hand like a set of aces play like this. I think if hes going to semi bluff, most players would shove the flop instead of c/r this turn with our stack sizes.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:44 PM

irish mafia- ya im not sure what to think here. to who said check on the turn, that crossed my mind, but i figured that would take a lot of value out of the hands because id basically be letting him draw or get away from draws cheaply. i think i kind of "have" to bet here, even tho i had no idea what i was going to do if he raised such a weird card haha. his timing was pretty consistent, he shoved over after timing down 3/4 of the way on full tilt which is how long he took on the flop to decide.

if you were in his shoes tho, do you really run a delayed semi bluff out of position? with how aggro games are today, i'd think in position he might "slow play" his draw, but out of position i hardly ever see it.

i think the fact that i bet smallish may give him some perception of fold equity, but on these boards im so likely to already have a made hand or such a big draw that im not folding once i bet the turn that i just dont think he ever expects me to fold here.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

rand- even against the NFDs, he still has a ton of equity for one street against my hand. I think i agree its a fold with you. i think some of the time ill be like 70% to win, but a lot of the time im down to like 12% equity. unless he has a set or Ax where x is a 9 or 10, im almost guarenteed to have 6 outs, which leads to not a lot of equity when im behind.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM

ikes - why do you say that since hes willing to take a free card, hes not on the straight? i dont understand that part.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 PM

i'm guessing because there's a FD, he's oop and there's a load of cards that could kill his action. ike can correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM

This is a great hand to debate, and is so opponent driven on whether to call or not. If you are saying he's very aggressive pre then he is repopping 77, 99, 1010, aa for sure and most likely a10? What is his overall aggression factor post???? Turn Aggression factor???