Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: favorite scenes from the wire (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

jules: good one w/ the grin

ceczar: the commentary said a train in the intro scene just randomly passed as they were filming, which is awesome

also, in one of the commentaries, david simon said there was some metaphor involving the train (all those scenes where they drink by the trains), but wouldn't reveal it. anyone know what this is? it definitely wasn't easily noticeable, it might be if it's going towards or away from them.

he mentioned the blinds in the police briefing room are open in happier scenes and closed when things are bad. anyone notice or hear about something similarly detailed?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jules: good one w/ the grin

ceczar: the commentary said a train in the intro scene just randomly passed as they were filming, which is awesome

also, in one of the commentaries, david simon said there was some metaphor involving the train (all those scenes where they drink by the trains), but wouldn't reveal it. anyone know what this is? it definitely wasn't easily noticeable, it might be if it's going towards or away from them.

he mentioned the blinds in the police briefing room are open in happier scenes and closed when things are bad. anyone notice or hear about something similarly detailed?

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds are open when the truth is being told, and they are closed when things are being juked/covered up.

Haven't been able to figure out the train, but I haven't researched or thought about it extensively.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jules22,

episode 11 of season 3 is my favorite episode of any series ever, but i don't know how you could have left out the two best parts of that episode:

-the opening scene, with the standoff between brother mouzone and omar (i don't love mouzone's character, but it was a really cool scene) in the dark alley.

-and the scene on the balcony in avon's apartment with stringer and avon reminiscing after they had each betrayed the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

i liked those two moments as well, i figured i would put the parts that were more likely to be glossed over however. plus i wrote both of those analysis' while i was trippin on cough syrup - so im surprised they are even legible LOL
Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 AM

One of my favorite scenes is when Brianna goes to talk to McNulty about D's suicide. McNulty delivers perhaps the greatest verbal smack down ever.

Also, I liked how Wallace was taking care of all those little kids, and would hand them juice boxes as they left for school.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:41 PM

"Your way... it will not work" is the culmination of an absolutely sublime montage sequence. I found it on youtube, but it doesn't work as well stripped of its context. It's a great moment, though, where we've witnessed just how complex a course of events has led to this particular crossroad, and still Frank's fate is sealed in large part due to the Greek's serendipitous fortunes. So gutting.

Great scenes in The Wire are dime a dozen, but that's the main one that stands out to me.

Unlike most other people, though, I can't stand the [censored] investigation scene with Bunk and McNulty in season 1. So contrived. It's the only thing in the series to date that makes me cringe every time. I don't get the love for this at all.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unlike most other people, though, I can't stand the [censored] investigation scene with Bunk and McNulty in season 1. So contrived. It's the only thing in the series to date that makes me cringe every time. I don't get the love for this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you talking about the one where they keep saying "[censored]"? my stepdad loves that scene, and i think it sucks.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:10 AM

Bar none, my favorite scene is the one where D teaches Bodie and Wallace how to play chess in Season One. That was the moment where the show went from one I liked to one I began to love.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:09 PM

prettymuch anything mcnulty says, or instance when he constantly repeats "the [censored] did i do?" or my ersonal favorite

My wife, the way she deals with [censored] sometimes, you would think a lesser man, a cruder man, a man less sensitized to the charms and value of women...not me, but a man like that...he just might just call her a c**t.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 PM

snoops murdermore accent always ends up being awesome, and the scene where she shows the crew how to correctly shoot [censored] up (in the woods when she just bucks down them bottles), i was blown away by that for some reason
Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Wee-Bey:

In season 1 where he's taking all the murders..The look on his face when they inform him they're no cole slaw. Priceless.

And season 4 when he tells De'Londa she's giving up Namond.
> Wee-Bey "remember who i am, my word is still my word,
> in here, in baltimore, in any place you can think of
> calling home, it will be my word that finds you."