Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: The Office 11/8

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
probably better than the outro with Dwight as Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
blasphemy

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I regret my words, but this was still a nice episode, definitely not deserving of OOT's criticism.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
liked the part where Dwight was watching Michael through the scope of his rifle. "Nothing to worry about, the safety... is on"

[/ QUOTE ]
You missed the part about how it was actually off and then you hear a click of him putting it on. This is what makes it great.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM

And the season was becoming so awesome again lately...

The scenes with Michael being in the woods were just terrible. Someone should remind the writers that the show is about an OFFICE.

And has anyone notice the complete turn-around with Dwight over the past couple of seasons. He went from being angry at the world, smiling is a sign of weakness to happy moron in love.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:31 AM

I thought the show was interesting as part of the series but I didn't find it to be very funny.

They showed the characters (well just Jim and Michael) in ways that weren't standard and that will help give them depth. Jim wasn't just a prankster flirting with Pam but got a bit overzealous taking over the office. Michael looked like what he should be IMO - a fundamentally ok guy that is somewhat dumb and old-fashioned and tries way too hard to be liked. I like the episodes where he isn't a total moron, like "The Client" and "The Convention" where despite initially appearing to be way out there and a moron at the end of the day he seems to have an overall strategy that works. This episode didn't quite get there but we got to see a bit more than just some line where he says someone's stereotype.

I prefer to get both from Michael and don't want to see it be like Homer Simpson where he is forced to be dumber and dumber as the series goes on because that's all he's got.

Similarly, I think it's important for Jim's character to actually care about Dwight, Andy and Michael.

So from that angle I liked it, and it will be/would have been interesting to see where they are going with Jim's character as he's been more than the usual prankster with the weird looks at the camera the last two episodes. Unfortunately, I feel pretty confident saying that I laughed less during this episode than any other in the series.

I'm probably over analyzing everything and it's also a factor that I have watched every ep of the series in the last two weeks.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
liked the part where Dwight was watching Michael through the scope of his rifle. "Nothing to worry about, the safety... is on"

[/ QUOTE ]
You missed the part about how it was actually off and then you hear a click of him putting it on. This is what makes it great.

[/ QUOTE ]no i know i tried to illustrate that with the "...", probably could of done that better
Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 AM

Am I the only one that would celebrate if Dwight was killed off/moved to another branch/fired from the show forever? Such a ridiculously unbelievable over the top character that has no place in a show like this. He would be a much better fit in Caveman or some other network tripe.

Really makes me long for Gareth and the rest of the much superior British version.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:00 AM

as a fan of both the American and UK version I cant understand how anyone could possibly like Gareth better than Dwight. Now like David better than Michael i can completely understand
Old 11-10-2007, 02:02 AM

69sofine, I read too fast, sorry, you did do a good job of it.

constable, show would suck balls without dwight.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:06 AM

"skipping around the room" was the hardest i've laughed this season. woods scenes were a little boring, but overall great episode. season's been amazing aside from the first ep imo
Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 AM

Constable,

I think he and Andy are both exaggerated versions of two different ass-kissing types that you would see in a lot of business environments. There are a lot of characters on the show that are like this - completely unrealistic because they are exaggerated caricatures of certain types of people you would see in an office. Michael, Jim, Kelly, Meridith, Creed, Toby and Angela all come to mind.

I do think that Dwight is more over the top than all of them, though.