Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician .... which is the measure of the man ?

ban The 13th 4postle for butchering this thread and having no idea about poker at all. Both those links ben wb posted clearly shows 4postile is an idiot.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey know ones saying the guy cant play poker. Or is your inarticulate allusion a homosexual desire you have for the pretty boy?

[/ QUOTE ]

how the [censored] does someone spell inarticulate allusion correctly and 'noone' so incorrectly in the same sentence rofl....

[/ QUOTE ]

How does someone attempt to berate someone on their grammar and then go on to look like a jackass himself?

"noone" is actually two words "no one"

And "allusion" is spelled with an "i" not an "a"

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rarely get in to spelling etc [censored] but this is so [censored] retarded i just have to lol

love the double retard with the 'pwned' too =P

where to start.....

allusion =

al·lu·sion /əˈluʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-loo-zhuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a passing or casual reference; an incidental mention of something, either directly or by implication: an allusion to Shakespeare.

yes there are 2 different words. allusion is correct here.

grammar =

gram·mar /ˈgræmər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gram-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the study of the way the sentences of a language are constructed; morphology and syntax.

nothing to do with what i was saying... try 'spelling'

btw if i got levelled then lol. but all three of you are retards either way
Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician

Well, I understand that Antonio just won one of the preliminary events at the IP Biloxi (he was there as a promo player with a bounty) and he completely stiffed the tourney dealers.

Maybe he needs more "rocks and rings"...maybe High Stakes is hurting him...maybe he still has some douche in him.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban The 13th 4postle for butchering this thread and having no idea about poker at all. Both those links ben wb posted clearly shows 4postile is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never has there been such a thorough ownage in NVG
Old 11-08-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Antonio is the most overrated crap I've ever played with

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that you've never played with him. In the Medium Stakes forum you asked the following:

"how many players would u need to limp in for u to play 24offsuit or 35offsuit on the button? "

and you were largely ridiculed for it (rightly so). Do you still want to claim you are in Antonio's league, donk? Would anyone who could sit down with Esfandiari even need to ask such a ridiculous question?

Go fake hate on pocket fives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you won this thread and it's not even close.

VNH sir.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:03 PM

In the early seasons of WPT I really hated this guy. Over time I have come to like him. He rarely complains and pretty much treats the other players kindly. Sure, he has a ton of stupid lines, "Wheeeee" "You're a POW (pay-off-wizard!" and of course "I could be riding camels" but I think he is a good human being and if you believe what they are saying recently on TV he is one of the best NL players out there.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Antonio is the most overrated crap I've ever played with

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that you've never played with him. In the Medium Stakes forum you asked the following:

"how many players would u need to limp in for u to play 24offsuit or 35offsuit on the button? "

and you were largely ridiculed for it (rightly so). Do you still want to claim you are in Antonio's league, donk? Would anyone who could sit down with Esfandiari even need to ask such a ridiculous question?

Go fake hate on pocket fives.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the best ways I have seen a donk proven to be a donk I have seen in a while. Good job.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First let me say I work with Antonio and he is a good friend so obviously I am biased.

Second, I now run MagicAntonio for Antonio and that rocks and rings stuff is leaving. As a mark of who Antonio really is that was a marketing agency telling him what was best for him at the time. Obviously they were big time off. Antonio never complained, never said anything, even though he was being massacred by everyone. Including friends. When that site started Antonio was relatively new on the scene and while I can't speak for him directly what I have seen is that he gives companies he works for a lot of leeway. My guess is he gave them even more back then.

I moderate the comments on Antonio's blog. He doesn't want me to do that. Ultimately it is my call and I moderate them (I just want to keep a certain vibe on my site, a lot of it is people begging him for money).

I don't like the camel thing either. When I see Antonio I see an American. There is no question he is either consciously or subconsciously trying to get camera attention when he does it. That is my opinion. But without those moments I think Antonio feels the same pressure that a lot of guys on the show do, you want to do enough to keep getting invited back. Mori has said that guys like Phil and Antonio are shoeins for the show because of the energy they bring to the game.

Antonio is a smart guy. Most people would have freaked out when the rocks and rings thing happened. Antonio didn't, he just shut his mouth and sucked up all the criticism. It isn't just forums, when you are a guy like Antonio you hear it everywhere.

Ultimately I doubt my post will make a difference to anyone, people think what they think. But it sucks when your friends don't have your back when people are saying stuff about you and in terms of Antonio he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. The incidents with Antonio are few and far between but when he does have one he learns from it.

His blog today is about the AA hand but it is in the hands of an editor at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you the one responsible for taking down more phrases in the "How They Talk" Section? I know most people will congratulate you, but I won't. Rot in hell for taking down, "budget boy".
Old 11-08-2007, 04:50 PM

Our redesign isn't live yet. So I can't take credit for that. The site will be more simple, it will show episodes of "I Bet You" and any televised shows we can find. It will also have his blog and a few extra things where people can communicate with him. More of who Antonio is rather than what someone was trying to make him.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"God bless America"
"...riding camels in the desert..."
"thank god for poker"
"poker is beautiful"
"thank god my dad moved here from durka durka"
"pleasure to be here with you guys"

[/ QUOTE ]

The durka durka line is pretty funny but I do believe that he is sincere about this. Look at what he would have become had his family stayed in that shi^hole.