Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 AM

Default 5/10 , loose online game

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds.

River: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: 5/10 , loose online game

why are you trying to checkraise the flop? there's only one person to act before you and after villain, and you're going to get three bet on this board really, really often, methinks.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you trying to checkraise the flop? there's only one person to act before you and after villain, and you're going to get three bet on this board really, really often, methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that he gets 3bet very often at all. But that's probably a good thing if all the other guys come along.

OP: I usually fold preflop and check the turn but both are very very close.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if all the other guys come along

[/ QUOTE ]

key phrase
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM

(I only play live, comments probably don't apply to online)

Preflop: I think I'd call if there were some more players in this pot. I'm kinda a nit and fold.

Flop: I lead flop and hope to trap some callers before the preflop aggressor raises since there are two between us. Were you waiting to checkraise the original raiser; if so, I don't see what good this would have done, it might just get only the two of us to the turn destroying our pot equity edge. As played, things worked perfect with BB betting and with 4 players trapped I think the check/raise now is standard at this point.

Turn: I simply check/call. I don't think we're going to bluff 4 people out of the pot here and even freeing up an A out might not be too helpful.

River: I check/fold. I don't think A high is going to win against this many players on this board.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-06-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

key phrase

[/ QUOTE ]

At 1/2 I don't worry about people folding once they put money in during a street. At 5/10 I generally think they will but here OP has described the game as loose...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

key phrase

[/ QUOTE ]

At 1/2 I don't worry about people folding once they put money in during a street. At 5/10 I generally think they will but here OP has described the game as loose...

[/ QUOTE ]

do online 5/10 games loose enough for that still exist?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

key phrase

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do online 5/10 games loose enough for that still exist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not regularly on Stars, Full Tilt, etc but I'm sure they pop up every once in a while.

I also hear there are some rather loose sites that Americans can't play on but unfortunately I'm American so I wouldn't know too much about that.