Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 10-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: \"the truth about religion\" video

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do we know these ancient people were born on "December 25th"? What does that even mean in the context of 5000 BC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're associated with the winter solstice. Couple of days out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.

Interesting videos. It certainly makes sense that all of the myths have a common link but I can't see drawing any reasonable conclusions beyond that. The diatribe at the end of the 3rd video does not follow logically, but it's a nice sinister note to end on if you are into that sort of thing. The narrator makes it sound like religion is a conspiracy being consciously perpetuated by some dark and powerful group of people. I guess this is where Nielsio's Illuminati brand deodorant cans come in.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do we know these ancient people were born on "December 25th"? What does that even mean in the context of 5000 BC?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

symbolic "rebirth" as light returns to us.

luckyme
Old 10-19-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
www.zeitgeistmovie.com , now over 4 million views for the full version alone. The facebook group has 10,000 users also.

[/ QUOTE ]
And "Candle in the Wind" is the best-selling single of all-time. That must make them both super awesome! Maybe I can play one over top of the other a la Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 AM

I'm not going to watch this, but, yay, somebody copy+pasted The Golden Bough? Wow, innovative.

Does nobody read anymore?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough.

Interesting videos. It certainly makes sense that all of the myths have a common link but I can't see drawing any reasonable conclusions beyond that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is to understand how and why they were made up, and for the people still believing in them, to realize that they were.

If you liked those I suggest you watch the whole movie, it touches other areas such as 9/11, economy and american history
Old 10-19-2007, 12:36 PM

Wow I feel like I just spent a couple hours inside Nielso's head. I need a cigarette.

It's a shame that if there is any truth anywhere in this video, it's buried under a mountain of paranoia and narrative fallacy and a total dearth of critical thought. Bush probably love this stuff.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I feel like I just spent a couple hours inside Nielso's head. I need a cigarette.

It's a shame that if there is any truth anywhere in this video, it's buried under a mountain of paranoia and narrative fallacy and a total dearth of critical thought. Bush probably love this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention bad overly dramatic scary music.

(also who wrote and produced this thing? Nobody seems to know and nobody takes credit for it, even though it obvious it had a fairly substantial budget. LOL, Could it be a diversionary smoke screen made by the 'real' conspirators controlling the world to get some off their trail?)

Old 10-19-2007, 01:30 PM

These videos seem almost Satanic to me. Weird, weird, weird.

I just posted this in another thread. Note the time I posted it was before you posted these video postings on Youtube.

Re: Nobel Prize scientist - Black people are dumb [Re: Phil153]
#12573125 - 10/19/07 11:50 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Phil says: A man's considered opinion is an irrational prejudice? Lammy must know something I don't. Someone please link me to the proof that races have identical intelligence. Because you'd have to prove that to call his comments "irrational prejudices". Perhaps Mr. Lammy lacks some critical thinking skills.

What Phil is saying is this is like the time they put Galileo on trial because his views contradicted religious views in his time and it does somehow seem like this.

Now along comes tame_deuces and he says:
"Ofcourse it measures G accurately, but it's the validity of G that is the centre of the debate - not the tests.

And trust me, that is a common discussion in psychology - 'ok we measured it, but what did we just measure?', and its an important one."

It seems they are both right. So what do we have. It looks like a conundrum.

As a person that reads the bible here's how I see it:

John 8:46 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

A partial excerpt:
Jesus: Why can't you understand one word I say? Here's why: You can't handle it. You're from your father, the Devil, and all you want to do is please him. He was a killer from the very start. He couldn't stand the truth because there wasn't a shred of truth in him. When the Liar speaks, he makes it up out of his lying nature and fills the world with lies.

Galatians 5:7 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

7-10You were running superbly! Who cut in on you, deflecting you from the true course of obedience? This detour doesn't come from the One who called you into the race in the first place. And please don't toss this off as insignificant. It only takes a minute amount of yeast, you know, to permeate an entire loaf of bread. Deep down, the Master has given me confidence that you will not defect. But the one who is upsetting you, whoever he is, will bear the divine judgment.

In the U.S. we have seen black Americans as a very spiritual people who seem to have insurmountable problems as a group. I give you one guess who would want to give a spiritual people all these problems?

Christ wanted unity but foretold division. Seems we have division on many fronts. What's that old American revolution phrase for the tack the British took against the American revolutionaries: "Divide and conquer."

Edit: Btw, I was reading an internet blip on Dr. Watson and it seems he never read the bible. So I guess you know who had a field day in his head.

Edited by Splendour (10/19/07 11:55 AM)

I clicked on the reborndead on the right of the video and I came up with him talking about Divide and Conquer...very weird...It's like this guy is providing the reverse of what I am saying in the Nobel Prize scientist-Black People are Dumb thread.

The bible says that we shouldn't follow Astrology or mediums so again I have to infer there is some less than benign purpose in this video.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is to understand how and why they were made up, and for the people still believing in them, to realize that they were.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I get it. The "how" and "why" they put forward is very interesting, but is it all true? The cheesy scary music, video effects and apocalyptic stock footage makes me think otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]
If you liked those I suggest you watch the whole movie, it touches other areas such as 9/11, economy and american history

[/ QUOTE ]
Linking this to a 9/11 conspiracy theory discredits it entirely. Sorry.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These videos seem almost Satanic to me. Weird, weird, weird.

The bible says that we shouldn't follow Astrology or mediums so again I have to infer there is some less than benign purpose in this video.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, wtf is all of this? You are without a doubt the worst regular poster on this forum. Congratulations.