Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Dexter 203

Really good episode, I thought the heroin addiction NA plot would suck, when they introduced it in episode two, but it was really good this episode. Loved the scene where he killed the car dealer. Deb's plot was really obvious and predictable, but meh. I don't get why LaGuerta didn't turn in Pascal, I'm guessing she has some hidden family baggage as well.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Dexter 203

Pudge,

Very solid ep. I was a bit concerned w/ the pilot, but I think this season is developing nicely.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Was very confused about why LaGuerta didn't turn in Pascal, I thought that entire side-storyline was building to that?

Also, everything with NA was awesome. Dexter totally opening up about his "addiction" was great. The strangely hot NA chick should be an interesting storyline too (since dex is oblivious that she wants his [censored]).

Dex buying the minivan was LOL too.

I really didn't understand the Deb storyline though. The people she was interviewing were just people with missing relatives, correct? Then why is it suddenly some big discovery that 2 of the missing people were in jail? These aren't even the bodies found(they haven't IDed them yet, correct?), yet they were treating it like they know all the people killed were killed because they were bad? What?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM

I think the point was that these 2 villains were SO bad, it was odd that 2 of them would show up in this seemingly random small sample of missing persons. From what I know about serial killer hunts in real life, these are the sorts of small intuitive leaps that sometimes lead to an arrest. Yes, it was thin, but it moves the story along in the direction we knew it would go within the bounds of a single season series. In Law and Order, stuff that would take months get compressed into a single episode.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really good episode, I thought the heroin addiction NA plot would suck, when they introduced it in episode two, but it was really good this episode. Loved the scene where he killed the car dealer. Deb's plot was really obvious and predictable, but meh. I don't get why LaGuerta didn't turn in Pascal, I'm guessing she has some hidden family baggage as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This show is great. I think it's the most promising show of the fall season.

I think Pascal is opportunistic about getting her old job back. But she also has a chip on her shoulder because she is in a "man's world" and she knows that Esme is in the same boat with her. They are double minorities who are keenly aware that much of law enforcement is the old boys network. She sees herself and Esme as kindred and selling her out is not something she wants to do.

Pascal also really hates the captain.

I also thought the NA plot line was worrisome when they introduced it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The characters in this show have so much depth. Even the peripheral ones.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM

If you recall - Laguerta/Dokes plotline - they didn't have dokes claim to the bust hat got laguerta famous because they were worried about what the public thought. So...

1) if laguerta outs pascal then she might get her old job back back, but with little respect

2) if pascal goes down hard it's the captain that goes down hard too.

3) odds on laguerta banging pascal's fiance?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:02 PM

I think also that she jumped on the idea of them all being bad guys after only two largely because they had been told to look for patterns and that the FBI guy was stressing the find the pattern/reason/driving motive and then you find the killer, and so at the thought of finding a pattern they decided to tell him. Also as she told him he def said it could be nothing like just another routine hunch at finding a pattern and could be nothing, or that it could be a case breaker.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 PM

Deb still makes me want to stick needles in my eyes.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Minivan is dumb, dexter would never link himself to one of the people he murders by buying a van from him. This is either an oversight by the writers, or a setup for someone suspecting dexter of foul play in a later episode.

Other then this, really solid season so far.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minivan is dumb, dexter would never link himself to one of the people he murders by buying a van from him. This is either an oversight by the writers, or a setup for someone suspecting dexter of foul play in a later episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was very sloppy as well. It seems implausible that a man as methodical and paranoid as Dexter would make such a transparent mistake.