Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Poker in Florida

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is today the big day for Hard Rock in Hollywood? Anybody know what's going on? or what has changed if anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am there every single day playing 1/2 NL.

A couple of dealers have mentioned that they are going to bring in table games and higher limit poker etc. They said it would be the 11th of this month. I was there today and it was status quo.

IMO not one dealer knows wtf is truly going to happen. So I would not put any credence to anything they say.

When it happens, it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a thread in the Poker Legislation forum, where the subject belongs. Expect some sort of result within a week.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

6. Hard Rock recently introduced timed rake priced per half hour: $6 @ 1/2NL, $7 @ 2/5NL, $8 @ 5/10NL

[/ QUOTE ]

not in tampa.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sarasota Kennel Club is the nicest of the FL cardrooms by far. And the newest too. My wife and I used to go there for date night.

We just moved to LA (way better poker, obviously), but in retrospect we were treated well at SKC. The low limits and above average weren't good for the game generally, but they fill the place nightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

TIMED RAKE.........don't support such nonsense.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is today the big day for Hard Rock in Hollywood? Anybody know what's going on? or what has changed if anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am there every single day playing 1/2 NL.

A couple of dealers have mentioned that they are going to bring in table games and higher limit poker etc. They said it would be the 11th of this month. I was there today and it was status quo.

IMO not one dealer knows wtf is truly going to happen. So I would not put any credence to anything they say.

When it happens, it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

The state and the Seminoles are close to an agreement and will come to one that allows Blackjack/Baccarat/higher stakes, They will agree within 2 weeks. The problem is now the house of reps that is saying they will not let it pass if blackjack/baccarat is on there, The Gov. has been saying he will ask the house to let it pass but the house has been saying publically it will not.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM

KILL TIMED RAKE!! If players would just stop going for maybe a short time, they would stop this timed rake madness. Come on People!!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 PM

I do not believe the the Interior Dept. is going to put up with any crap from the FL state House of Reps. Either the deal will get done, or the Interior will make the deal for them.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not believe the the Interior Dept. is going to put up with any crap from the FL state House of Reps. Either the deal will get done, or the Interior will make the deal for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

When? Interior has pushed back the deadline at least three times in the past year.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be forewarned of the following:

1. All NL games have a $100 max buy-in
2. FH appears to work for Tampa Greyhound with as often as he advertises for them, in all caps every time no less
3. The games at Tampa Greyhound may not be that great as I've heard their big Sunday tournaments have never even started due to lack of entries (which translates to a small player pool with no money)
4. Cardrooms that are not on Indian land are only open 12 hours a day, usually closing at midnight or 1am
5. Hard Rock is on Seminole land and open 24 hours
6. Hard Rock recently introduced timed rake priced per half hour: $6 @ 1/2NL, $7 @ 2/5NL, $8 @ 5/10NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to ask about the new Florida law, in addition to the max 100 buck buy in, do they have time limits on when you can rebuy should you lose your 100 bucks?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wanted to ask about the new Florida law, in addition to the max 100 buck buy in, do they have time limits on when you can rebuy should you lose your 100 bucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can rebuy as often as you want. At my local poker room, if you drop below $60 you can buy back up in increments of $10 (w/o going over $100 total). If you bust out, you have to rebuy for exactly $100 though.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 AM

The re-buy rule depends on the venue your playing at.