Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: The Sexiness of a Lag - Little Theory/Article Xposted

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the article is spot on, the hard part is definitely the timing and choosing the right villian to use each line against because making mistakes during some of these lines can be pretty big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I integrated a lot of this stuff into my game piece by piece as to get enough examples. This is the true feel part of the game imo.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 AM

NH
Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 AM

yeah I understood this a while back and opened up my game (pple were commenting on Fgators W$WSF being too low). I posted a 50k BE stretch, and got flamed by some nits for spewwing alot. But now im having succes with it, and know better whats spew and whats not..

I think in order to execute this well you first gotta make spewwy mistakes? But i think its better to bluff away your stack on a sick bluff in one hand, then to make like 2 nielsio folds. Being a bit too spewwy is always better then being a bit too tight post flop.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 AM

Mystery Method ftw
Old 11-02-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I wish you didn't make this post tbh. Still, very well put and eloquently explained.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 09:42 AM

Now, I don't personally play laggy I switch between 25/20 and 18/14 (supernit lols) depending on how the tables flowing, but I still keep in mind all of these concepts.

So, I'm not super sexy but I'm still pretty damn good looking. My pic is on the website. Sorry all, I'm taken.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM

nice article im running a 49.4% W$WSF and thats pretty much what i do BET BET BET until the NIT makes a stand with A7o [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 10:12 AM

Good article, however I think you've pretty much left out an important concept. And for the sake of learning it's sometimes better to suggest one new way and have people later find out others things to take into consideration, and then finally they have a better balanced style.

What you left out was: winning more pots at what expense? And: people who adjust to your aggression.

If I'm playing against an aggro maniac, he's surely winning more pots, but I wait for the right spots to take big chunks of his stack; sometimes by just betting my hands, but other times using his aggression against him. And this is where the good lag balances: he is aggro and aggro and aggro, but is able to recognize when he should give up/slow down. It's this kind of lag who is very hard to play against: the one who is aware of his image and who can reads hands.

You have to think about the long-term. For example: a flop c/r is actually quite an expensive move. Sometimes a flop lead or a flop c/c and turn lead is better. So the true goal is not actually to win the most pots, the true goal is to maximize winnings.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:20 AM

cliffsnotes: be more aggressive
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A standard winning tag will have this statistic in the 40-44 range in Midstakes No-Limit Games. The strange thing is that many loose and aggressive players will have this in the range of 44-50. TRUE

Say you have a TAG with 41% W$WSF and a LAG with 48%. The LAG is winning 17% more pots without showdown than the TAG (not 7%!). FALSE went to showdown #'s are generally higher for a LAG as well, but I get what you're trying to say

[/ QUOTE ]

very good post overall