Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

you'd need pro male soccer players vs like high school girls for the men to win easily playing 4 down. you realize they'd have to play like a 1-2-3? if anyone is serious, i'll take action on this. i'll even consider giving odds. i coach a girls rep team, aged 15 to 17. you can have any 7 guys you want, aged 17 or less. the girls all live in vancouver and are mostly poor, but i'm sure i can get them to travel to seattle or portland if you're willing to pay for their time. we play two 45 minute halves, two 15 minute halves after that if we're tied. no action on a tie after 120 minutes. no subs, regulation field, regulation ball, we pull the ref from a local soccer association agreed upon by both sides.

i realize i won't get action on this, but i'll also consider the wingdings bet. i'll even let you reassign the mapping from wingdings to the roman set any way you like. sample to be translated can only contain alphanumerics and common punctuation: . , ! ? ( ) '
Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 AM

Couple interesting prop bets I have been discussing with people. How much would you need to take these bets?

2 years without talking.

1 year working at McDonalds without getting fired. Must be full time, 35-40 hours a week.

Walking from Seattle to Miami.

I was offered 40k to go 18 months with half of my head shaved and the other half no shaving allowed but passed.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple interesting prop bets I have been discussing with people. How much would you need to take these bets?

2 years without talking.

1 year working at McDonalds without getting fired. Must be full time, 35-40 hours a week.

Walking from Seattle to Miami.

I was offered 40k to go 18 months with half of my head shaved and the other half no shaving allowed but passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do the last 3 for 40K each.

Not talking for 2yrs would require a significant amount more, as I would have to move to a deserted island or something. No way I don't talk for 2 years with people around. Hell I'd probably talk to wilson if I was on the deserted island.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd need pro male soccer players vs like high school girls for the men to win easily playing 4 down. you realize they'd have to play like a 1-2-3? if anyone is serious, i'll take action on this. i'll even consider giving odds. i coach a girls rep team, aged 15 to 17. you can have any 7 guys you want, aged 17 or less. the girls all live in vancouver and are mostly poor, but i'm sure i can get them to travel to seattle or portland if you're willing to pay for their time. we play two 45 minute halves, two 15 minute halves after that if we're tied. no action on a tie after 120 minutes. no subs, regulation field, regulation ball, we pull the ref from a local soccer association agreed upon by both sides.

i realize i won't get action on this, but i'll also consider the wingdings bet. i'll even let you reassign the mapping from wingdings to the roman set any way you like. sample to be translated can only contain alphanumerics and common punctuation: . , ! ? ( ) '

[/ QUOTE ]

id put down all the money i have and could borrow if i could pick the players.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id put down all the money i have and could borrow if i could pick the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like we have a bet
Old 07-27-2007, 04:49 AM

talent: What sort of money are you willing to wager on your girls? 7 17yo guys v 11 17yo girls we're talking. If my friends in Portland have youth soccer league connections, I'll be willing to bet very big on this.

All: Anyone willing to take any strength/endurance bets vs. shemp, I'll be willing to measure them for some small fee (I mean like pay for my meals during the period).

quids: How much for the KFC bet?

pete: You won't ever run this bet, but I like Nate's side a lot.

J: Maybe tennis might be tougher for me. I didn't realize your old ass was in such good shape.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 AM

all of these weight bets should be done to calculate body fat percentage otherwise people can just manipulate the amount of water weight in their body.

1000 push ups in 24 hours sounds pretty easy.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) 2 years without talking.

2) 1 year working at McDonalds without getting fired. Must be full time, 35-40 hours a week.

3) Walking from Seattle to Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 5mil
2 - 300-400k
3 - 500k
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you celebrate with a cigarette?

[/ QUOTE ]

ill bet you $7000 that i can smoke cigarettes a lot

<font color="white">please bet me, i have been dreaming about smoking for a year now zomg how long can i possibly go? </font>
Old 07-27-2007, 08:59 AM

I have a prop bet: I have to increase my max bench press by 40 pounds in 4 months. Honestly, I don't know what my max life is or what I could do right now, but I would guess it would be around 145-165 from what I remember doing in years passed (I have only worked out a handful of times).

Easy you say? Here are some extra stipulations. The whole time I also have to...

...order one of every combo meal numbers 1-16 every week from Carl's Jr's (so two meals 5 days a week and three meals 2 days a week if I want to split it up like that). With these meals I have to get small fries and a medium drink (soda, lemonade, or sweetened iced tea). Link to their nutrition info (note the grams of fat per day, combos 1-16 i think are first 12 burgers and the chicken burgers).

...keep my body fat percent within 3% (of what it is now) in its percentile rank compared to the general US male population. So if my number is lower then 92% of us males now, I lose if go into the upper 95% or if I go below the upper 89%. I have never tested my body fat percent but I would guess I am in the upper 90s now.

To complete this I get up to 4 months.

Some more info: I would want odds. I don't have much knowledge of weight training and am not sure how hard this is to do or how specifically i could do it, and if I do some research and it looks really bad I may go back on this post. I've always been good at maintaining a good fitness level with bad eating and exercising, and have wanted to start working out for a while but don't want to conform to healthy eating habits. I weigh 165 pounds, am 6' tall, and 21 years old.