Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 07:40 AM

Default 4_2_it in the Well

[ QUOTE ]
A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Monday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Monday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Monday, it’s your day in the well .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is my day in The Well which will consist of Monday and parts of Tuesday of this week.

You may ask me any question about whatever you like. Whether it is about Life/SSNL/Poker/Sport/Music/Women or any other subject, I will answer to the best of my abilities.

I will be back in a hour or so to start.......
Old 08-14-2006, 07:47 AM

Default Re: 4_2_it in the Well

your poker story? how / when did you start and where are you at in the poker world now?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your poker story? how / when did you start and where are you at in the poker world now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Married: 2 daughters

I never really played much until a little over 3 years ago when I moved to PA to take my current position. I was invited by one of my new co-workers to play in his home game, which was $0.50/$1 limit. After about 3 months, we were playing $20 tourneys and had a $0.50/$1 NL side game going.

About this time, I started playing online at Pokerstars. I lost my $100 playing $0.50/$1 Limit. Then my second $100 as well.

My third $100 was down to $15 when I decided to play switch to NL. I worked my way through the micros playing basically a set mining strategy.

I didn't discover 2+2 until about 16 months ago when a co-worker said something. I was already dabbling in NL$100, but quickly realized that I was not playing optimally.

Thanks to old timers like Fimbulwinter, TWP, xorbie, ghazban and Yves my weak tight ways were quickly identified (They just humiliated me until I saw the light [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

AJ was around and can testify to that fact.

Now I play NL$200 mostly at FT. I am a recreational player and use my winnings as fun money.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a recreational player and use my winnings as fun money.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your cashout strategy?
Where do you play now?

[ QUOTE ]
Now I play NL$200 mostly at FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

**edit -- i'm a little slow on Monday AM's**

What is your BR strategy (30 buyins? 40?)
What is your PTBB/100 where you play now?
What do you spend your money on? 1/2 stuff your wife can enjoy too and 1/2 stuff for you?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Ah - nothing makes a Monday morning better than having this be the topic at hand...

1. Batman - real superhero? Or just a rich guy with too much time on his hands and lots of cool gadgets?

2. Where did "Frank" come from?

3. You have a choice of the following 3 girls. You must have sex with one, marry one, and kill one. Who do you choose for each for:

a. The 3 girls from Friends
b. The 3 girls from Saved by the Bell

I'm spending my day thinking of things to ask you Frank [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Batman - real superhero? Or just a rich guy with too much time on his hands and lots of cool gadgets?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your definition of Superhero means having special powers then he doesn't qualify. Though he is a total bad ass and I like the vengeance and justice angle of his character. Having a dark side is cool.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Where did "Frank" come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank Ness. He hated typing 4_2_it so he decided that he woudl call me Frank from now on. It seemed to have caught on [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I always chuckle when I get a PM addressed to "Frank"

[ QUOTE ]
3. You have a choice of the following 3 girls. You must have sex with one, marry one, and kill one. Who do you choose for each for:

a. The 3 girls from Friends
b. The 3 girls from Saved by the Bell

[/ QUOTE ]

a. Kill Phoebe, Marry Rachel, Hit Monica like a pinata
b. Kill Lisa, Marry Kelly, and teach Jessie how to be a stripper
Old 08-14-2006, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What is your cashout strategy? Where do you play now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cash out when I want to purchase soemthing. I try to keep around 10-15 buy-ins each on Stars and Full Tilt. I mostly play on FT, but will switch to Stars when they do they do a promotion ( [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Amazon gift cards)

[ QUOTE ]
What is your BR strategy (30 buyins? 40?)
What is your PTBB/100 where you play now?
What do you spend your money on? 1/2 stuff your wife can enjoy too and 1/2 stuff for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I play best with about 40 buy-ins. Again, if I was looking to advance through the ranks to NL$2000, then I would take shots with about 30-35 buy-ins for my current level.

From what I recall, Dustrbustr probablay has the best approach. He can share it if he reads this.

My PTB/100 for August is 5.8. For July it was just under 5.

Poker winnings have purchased the following:

Big screen TV
30G iPod Video
Camcorder
Trips to Las Vegas and AC
$100 gift cards for wife and kids last Christmas
New Ninentdo Wii when available
Lasik for me next year (assuming I continue to run decently)
Old 08-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Do you ever play Heads-Up, and if so can you talk about some adjustment you make, both Pre & Post flop?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

About this time, I started playing online at Pokerstars. I lost my $100 playing $0.50/$1 Limit. Then my second $100 as well.

My third $100 was down to $15 when I decided to play switch to NL. I worked my way through the micros playing basically a set mining strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminded me of scene from Quest for the Holy Grail

"Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest castle in these islands."

Favorite Monty Python Movies 4_2_it?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Favorite Monty Python Movies 4_2_it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Grail and Life of Brian