FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Re: LC: Coaching Directory

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The STT coaching paradox:

Anyone who's capable of being worth x$/hr as a coach can make 2x$/hr playing SNGs or 3x$/hr playing cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, STTFers do it because we are so kind at heart. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that most people who are actively looking for students are running bad/busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only ever taken students as a hobby. It's fun, but not really financially rewarding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize you just admitted to being a [censored] coach?

regardless, I'd hire you.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The STT coaching paradox:

Anyone who's capable of being worth x$/hr as a coach can make 2x$/hr playing SNGs or 3x$/hr playing cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, STTFers do it because we are so kind at heart. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that most people who are actively looking for students are running bad/busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only ever taken students as a hobby. It's fun, but not really financially rewarding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize you just admitted to being a [censored] coach?

regardless, I'd hire you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a [censored] coach, though I've got a decent record at teaching difficult non-poker concepts. It's mostly out of my own laziness, although success with a coach is probably 90% the student's motivation and only 10% the coach's.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:58 PM

KP, are you looking for another coach for STTs?

Typically how long does the coach/student relationship last (one month? two months?)
Old 06-23-2007, 03:01 PM

Yeah can someone briefly describe what happens in the coaching process and how long it often lasts?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah can someone briefly describe what happens in the coaching process and how long it often lasts?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes please!
Old 06-23-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KP, are you looking for another coach for STTs?

Typically how long does the coach/student relationship last (one month? two months?)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, actually, I'm not. I'm looking for a PLO coach, and I find that the process is a pain in the ass (there are few people listed on Cardrunners etc., people who are asking this question in the Omaha high forum isn't getting any love etc.) As this forum is basically where I learned to not suck (big time) in poker, I hoped that this request/thread would make it easier for people to get a coach, which really is a huge help to most peoples game (especially if they are mediocre players). Also, guess that SNG coaches are important, as most bad to mediocre poker players start of playing SNGs because of the nature of the game...? (relative easy to learn how to beat the low levels, a game where how to be winning is "solved" etc.)
Old 06-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Sorry, Kev, missed the second question.

Dunno, but I had a very good deal with Bluefeet, where he reviewed 10 of my HHs and then 5 more to see if my game had improved for a ridiculously low price. This process took about 3 months I guess, kind of slow, but nice bargain, anyhow.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:42 PM

No one has said a word about price here. I am very intrested in sending my HH out to extremly exp. players what is a standard rate?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I used to do it:

Player would send me 20-25 HHs with varying places of finish. I'd review those and then give them a report on how they were playing with 4-6 specific areas/concepts to focus on over the next 300 tournaments.

During that time they could send me unlimited e-mails, PMs, whatevers, and 3-5 HHs a week. At the end of 300 SNGs we'd re-evaluate if we wanted to keep working together or not.

The duration would depend on how long it takes someone to play 300 tournaments. I've got one guy going on 6 months now.

Like Slim said, much of the success is dependent on the student communicating with the coach. I charged 30% of the profit over the 300 with a $200-$250 non-refundable deposit to cover the time for the HH review.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:41 AM

Bump for my Coaching services. I'm more interested than usual because I'm helping some others & heading back to school so I'll have some time where I'll want to do some coaching stuff but not get in to a poker session. PM me for details.