Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Heroes - Hatefest 10-22-07

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is the third power repeat, with Parkmen, fliers, and now lightnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claire/Kensei
Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 AM

Just started watching this show two weeks ago and now I'm caught up! I really hated the last couple episodes of s1 and the first couple episodes of s2, I was ready to give up but I think last week's and this episode have been better.

It's interesting how addicting this show can be. I think the only really good storylines last year were Sylar, Mr Bennet/Claire and Peter, kinda, I guess. Everything else felt kinda meh, and still you can't stop watching. Mr Bennet is easily the best character on the show I think, the cheerleader storyline was awesome last year but seems really stupid this season. Yeah Claire awesome idea to start lying to your dad at this point after everything that's happened can't see anything go wrong here girl.

Sylar needs to get rid of the stupid death twins from honduras asap. Nikki better keep the 2 minutes an episode of screen time she's been having lately, or stop sucking. The Hiro storyline is really stupid, worst this season so far. I agree that Parkman and Mohinder have started sucking less, and I'm interested in the whole Angela/Mr Petrelli/Kaito/Bob thing.

Some random thoughts.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the whole thing seemed like a setup to solidify Mohinder's loyalty.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think of this, but I guess it makes some sense. Does anybody have a digital copy to see if she had the Jessica tatoo at the time? (I assume Nikki wouldn't be complicit in the Company's plans, though Jessica could be bought. If she was Jessica, would she be able to lift Midas like that? I forget how split she her personality is at the moment.)

[ QUOTE ]
are you really believing everything he says at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally. I'm still waiting to see what memorabilia he brings back from that room to show his son.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is the third power repeat, with Parkmen, fliers, and now lightnings.

[/ QUOTE ]
Claire/Kensei

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. I had repressed that memory because it shows such a lack of creativity in the writing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 AM

Kristen Bell is so hot!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Am I the only one who's happy that Sylar isn't as powerful as he was last season?

Sylar was way too powerful, period. If he had tried, he could have destroyed the entire company without too much difficulty, let alone the mostly disorganized good guys. If he kills Claire (as suggested last season), he would be basically unstoppable, and if he gets Matt and Nathan (and the Honduran death twins) to boot there really won't be anything he can't do.

Too much power in one individual breaks plots. It becomes too implausible that the universe won't revolve around them. It's not quite as bad when it's in the hands of a guy like Peter (unambitious good guy) but if your main villain has the power to defeat everyone without really trying it gets really dumb pretty quickly.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kristen Bell is so hot!

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who's happy that Sylar isn't as powerful as he was last season?

Sylar was way too powerful, period. If he had tried, he could have destroyed the entire company without too much difficulty, let alone the mostly disorganized good guys. If he kills Claire (as suggested last season), he would be basically unstoppable, and if he gets Matt and Nathan (and the Honduran death twins) to boot there really won't be anything he can't do.

Too much power in one individual breaks plots. It becomes too implausible that the universe won't revolve around them. It's not quite as bad when it's in the hands of a guy like Peter (unambitious good guy) but if your main villain has the power to defeat everyone without really trying it gets really dumb pretty quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they definitely need to downpower both Sylar and Peter. Last season they were kept in check by batshit craziness and crippling retardation, respectively, but you can't expect that to last forever so they definitely have to do something about it and it seems like they've realized it.

Speaking of Peter and his crippling retardation, it still pisses me off. Like the end of last week's episode. "Oops here I am in Ireland with no memory, lucky I happen to have this box with personal effects. Hm you know on the other hand WHAT IF I USED TO BE A BAD GUY BETTER NOT OPEN THIS". Ugh
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Ugh.

Comic Book Cliche #1: A ROOM WHERE OUR HEROES FACE THEIR DEEPEST FEAR!!!!

I think this show is probably a lot more entertaining if you're not a comics fan, and haven't seen all this horse poo before.

This didn't totally suck, but too much on characters I don't care about and I'm just not sure where it's going.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't think of this, but I guess it makes some sense. Does anybody have a digital copy to see if she had the Jessica tatoo at the time? (I assume Nikki wouldn't be complicit in the Company's plans, though Jessica could be bought. If she was Jessica, would she be able to lift Midas like that? I forget how split she her personality is at the moment.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she waearing a shirt covering her shoulder, so no way to tell. Niki/Jessica has enough power to rip Midas in half, picking him up is kind of easy.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. irish girl is pretty hot

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you meant Kristen Bell? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]