Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I run so hot against Palomino she has started running from me in terror. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CLEVERBEAVER - Posts big blind $3
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to CLEVERBEAVER [2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
TOHAM - Folds
VEGAS33 - Calls $3
KB_2 - Folds
YRUBLUE - Folds
JOE JETS - Folds
PALOMINO33 - Raises $6 to $6
1_TIME_DEALE - Folds
CLEVERBEAVER - Raises $6 to $9
VEGAS33 - Folds
PALOMINO33 - Folds
CLEVERBEAVER - returned ($3) : not called

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what a time for me to have some weird connection problem. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I was SOOOOOOO mad that it happened when I had QQ. And then he tells me he misclicked and had 92o I was even more pissed. You owe me $12 at least...$6 for what you stole from me on the disconnect and another $6 because I tried to cap it.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
holy crap. I hope you got some of their money Zack because those two morons killed me. It was a blood bath. I felt like going on an AMC rant.

Guys three betting with K5s, catch runner runner and the NOT betting it. The one retard is bluffing you with 84 and then of course when I play him he catches a 4 outer to take a million from me in FH over FH.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol man, I don't win anymore. Down like $3k at the tables since Friday. It's retarded. Almost entirely vs morons.

That 66 hand of yours, I had a gutter on the flop, and flush draw on the turn... woulda liked hitting that one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 AM

took a shot at 10/20 tonight. The easiest game i've played on AP in months. It was obviously a bunch of live nits semi-loose nits who have no idea what they are doing but just figure they'll play at 10/20 online too. There was one LAGtard who blew through his stack while berating everyone and swearing the site was rigged (it was hilarious).

anyway the point is that my game selection rocks when I play high, and sucks when I'm bored and I play 3/6. WTF is wrong with me? Move up where they respect my raises?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 AM

What's your name on AP? (If you don't mind)
Old 09-12-2007, 06:52 AM

The difference on 5/10 and 10/20 is so overrated. In particular at AP where a lot of 10/20 and 15/30 regs will often play 5/10.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM

I agree with that.

The benefit of 10/20 is that the rake is 1/3 as much of a factor as it is at 3/6 and 5/10.

If I could ever run average for 2 straight months, I'd be up at 10/20 in no time, lol. I'm much prefer playing there, and 5/10 than mostly 3/6.

Being a 'pro' when you're playing 3/6, and having to cash expenses out of your roll each month is retarded, lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with that.

The benefit of 10/20 is that the rake is 1/3 as much of a factor as it is at 3/6 and 5/10.

If I could ever run average for 2 straight months, I'd be up at 10/20 in no time, lol. I'm much prefer playing there, and 5/10 than mostly 3/6.

Being a 'pro' when you're playing 3/6, and having to cash expenses out of your roll each month is retarded, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm coming around to the idea that the rake makes 3/6 and below nearly unbeatable. But for me that isn't a bad thing because it simply means that fewer 2+2 types will be moving up and clogging up my tables.

On the other hand I am positive that I run bad and spew.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 AM

3/6 at AP isnt unbeatable, you just need to table and seat select really well.

But there is no reason to do that since you will give up on some seats that are -EV pokerwise but +EV overall. Unless there is a better seat out there that would be stupid.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, what a time for me to have some weird connection problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like thats a plausible excuse [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Isn't it just more beleivable that you ran in terror? I mean come on, the drawing power of the 92o is close to unstopable. Obviously you still had bad karma left over from the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hand so I dont feel bad at all taking your $6.

[ QUOTE ]
That 66 hand of yours, I had a gutter on the flop, and flush draw on the turn... woulda liked hitting that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have much rather you got it than th other guy. If you lead the river I lose one bet not 4. I guess the cap on that hand may be spewy but how does he not 3bet that on the turn? Basically the only han dI could have had to beat him was 66.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 at AP isnt unbeatable, you just need to table and seat select really well.

[/ QUOTE ] I've logged hours on 3-6 gamres in 4 sites in the last 2 months. I think the AP3-6 tables are the toughest and most stressful but they're easily beatable. I concider myself barly above average in those games and i've run in the green for AP 3-6 for the last 4 months. Add RB and Boni to that is they're easy still profitable. Moving up to at least 5-T where the rake isnt so bad is probably the smart thing to do