Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act?
Yes 37 94.87%
No 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Absolute Regulars Thread

yeah a million is something for sure. 500k or so is the long run in my book.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miles, how long was your break even/losing run at Stars 5/10? I think 20K is just about nothing in short handed now. Do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

100K hands is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

1million hands is nothing. Shall we continue? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree. I think 1 million hands is a large enough sample size to draw some accurate conclusions about your past winrate. I have no factual evidence to back my opinion up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with applying the term nothing to 100k and that was my point.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Miles, how long was your break even/losing run at Stars 5/10? I think 20K is just about nothing in short handed now. Do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

100K hands is nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

1million hands is nothing. Shall we continue? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree. I think 1 million hands is a large enough sample size to draw some accurate conclusions about your past winrate. I have no factual evidence to back my opinion up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with applying the term nothing to 100k and that was my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im convinced that a sample size of 100K hands is meaningless and a sample size of 1 million hands is meaningful. That was my point, but I cannot prove I am right.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:00 PM

It's actually fairly easy math that I'm not going to do. I'm not saying you can't be a great player and still be down after 100k hands, but I think a trend should be emerging by then more often that not. I could be wrong though.

My original point of 20K hands was that I used to think that was enough to start to see trends in your winrate (probably still good for most other stats though) and I'm aware now that that is incorrect. This is mostly through empirical observation though as I've been destroyed by the deck for over 30K hands in the past and vice versa.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here are some regulars I encounter

Mills
ABBABBABBABBADABBA
SYOUS
ANECHKA
MILQUETOAST
FISTHEAD
BMORGAN
KUMARONTILT
BELLABAM
HAXYI
ACECALZONE
TARCARDS
PUCCININY
RAPUNZEL
WHOOPBOOP
WINGO
BOOZER

EDIT: FOrgot StewieGriff he never misses, and he's good

These are some of the regulars not mentioned above that are decent.

Miles, who are you on AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, Abbadabba is the best player I have played against on AP. Ive never seen him make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually only play as high as 5/T, so not familiar with all the names...

Abba is dry as hell! I agree that he is very good postflop and in IMHO opinion an excellent example that playing tight pre is still profitable with good postflop skills.

Kumarontilt has been owning me. Dunno if he is good or just running well. He certainly seems aggressive!

Bellabam(Siegfriedandroy?) and Mills plays pretty high as far as I know, so they are prolly good. Bella seems to be a lot better than me but I think Mills has a tendency to spew.

Tarcards sucks as I remember... But I am likely wrong.

I have no respect for rapunzel and SYOUS. The first one is too tight and will not adapt a lot to table conditions and the second one makes countless mistakes

BTW I am surprised I am not on that list. I have at least 50k hands in the 5/T games the last 3months. But I guess it means I suck... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right oink, I don't adapt to bad tables, I just leave [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If I have to adapt, it means players are playing too aggressive, which means I just leave and find more loose/play worse than I do fish.

syous does make mistakes, but GD, he just always has it vs. me

what is your Sn oink?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait! You are rapunzel? I thought you were US citizen and personal friend of ILP..?

The rapunzel I am thinking about is german and something like 22/17 preflop.

I am at work and could be mixing up sn's here. If you are indeed him I am very surprised as you post way better than me. I could of course have a completely wrong impression of rapunzel/you as I def tend to jump to conclusions when I observe other peoples play.

sn = pushpica. I play European times mostly. ET plus 6 ours.

BTW. I remember ACECALZONE and HAXIY as being good as well, but havent played a lot. Stewiegriff has owned me on more than one ocassion but I havent been playing that much with him either.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's me, in the flesh. I know I am tighter than the 30-20-2.5 lagtags that abound, but that style doesn't work for me. over 100K hands at 3-6 and up at AP, I'm in the black, and I'm running at 24/17/2.00

I think some of the difference can be attributed to game selection. Think about this, some 30-20 run of the mill lag tag is on the button with K4o. He is sitting in a horrible game. For example, I opened up this game in the last few days.

seat 1: bellbam 2: unconscious 3. syous 4. some mid fish 40-14 like 5. mills 6. whoop

Now, in this game, if you have K5o in the button, chances are it might get folded to you, then you raise.

In the games I play in, it doesn't get folded to me on the button. two mega fish limp in, and i fold K5o. So without game selection, I'd probably be like 26/18-19

regardless, i know my weaknesses in the AP game, but honestly, with rb/bonuses/poker, I haven't had a losing month all year, so it works for me.

For the regular thread, I forgot Unconsc1ous, and I definitely remember PP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hip,

Back in early 2006 when I was playing there all the time and in games with Stewie_Griff those were about his stats too and he was the biggest winner in the 5/10 over all of my played/minded hands. He started opening up a bit more at the 10/20 and I'm sure this was a good idea when they were still on the dealt method for MGR as their rake collection was very high and he got RB no matter if in the hand or not and the higher rake made some hands less/un-profitable at the smaller-ish stakes.

FWIW, back then I thought Stewie and AbbaDabba were the best players in the game but they weren't necessarily the ones I didn't want at my tables. There were some good lags that I didn't want to my left but didn't mind having to my right.

-Bill
Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 PM

i know what you mean willy. I don't fear SG or ABBA, but I know I have 0 edge on them. The good thing about those guys, is we play pretty similar, so I know what they are up to.

When unconscious sits down, or someone with those thats ie, 37/23, I have no clue how they operate. If I played at 37/23 i'd lose all my money in 1 month.

SG and ABBA, they are going to play very well, but they don't [censored] with you.

UNC, he is going to make mistakes, but he makes life harder, giving you harder decisions.

and I don't want a 37/24 on my right or left [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know what you mean willy. I don't fear SG or ABBA, but I know I have 0 edge on them. The good thing about those guys, is we play pretty similar, so I know what they are up to.

When unconscious sits down, or someone with those thats ie, 37/23, I have no clue how they operate. If I played at 37/23 i'd lose all my money in 1 month.

SG and ABBA, they are going to play very well, but they don't [censored] with you.

UNC, he is going to make mistakes, but he makes life harder, giving you harder decisions.

and I don't want a 37/24 on my right or left [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that 45/30 and how do you feel?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 PM

again - how?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.67SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.33BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.33BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 15.33BB
<font color="#ffffff">Hero Shows 8c 8s</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG Shows 2c 9c</font>
Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that 45/30 and how do you feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly guys, i've pretty much seen every kind of retard that absolute has to offer.

from Holdemgod, who is like a 12/7, to chuck, who is a 90/65, 45/30's are interesting. They are too loose to win in the long run, but they are so aggressive they make it hard to play against.

The 45/30 will screw me in the long run, but just burn their money against fishy calling stations.

btw, i miss chuck, haven't seen him on in a few weeks.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The 45/30 will screw me in the long run, but just burn their money against fishy calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt be too sure of this. First, there is a huge difference between various LAGs, some are good and some are just terrible.

By the looks of Schneids video I wouldnt be surprised if he was running at at least 40/30 even 5-6 handed.

It is not entirely impossible for the 45/30 guy to adapt to calling stations and still make a profit from TAGs by out manouvering them postflop.